Have a go.

Mine would be a bit hard to decide, but 'Angie', 'Let it be', Moby's 'We are all made of stars' and 'Slipping away' would be on the list. Oh, and 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' by Deep Blue Something. And U2's 'One'. And 'Rufus Wainwright's 'Hallelujah'. And Mylène Farmer's "Dessine-moi un mouton".
Crap, there's no end to this....

18 II 09 Wow, seriously? I listed Moby in my favourite songs? :D Well, things change. I recently became a born-again Beatles fundie. *grins*

Tags: favourite, music, songs

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan Fogelberg's "Part of the Plan" is a counter-intuitive chocie for an atheist based on the title, which implies that "the plan" has a "planner." But the lyrics support a non-theistic view. They state:

There is no Eden, no Heavenly gate
That we're going to make it to someday
All the reasons we seek can be found
On the waaaaaaay.

I may have that slightly wrong. Please correct me ifyou know it better than me.
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers - I suffered from serious lonliness through out my life, and living in all seven boroughs of New York I can totally 100% relate to this song.

Call of Ktulu - Metallica - I love melodic music, I always responded great to guitar playing and this song utilizes alot of different guitar playing and flows to one part to another very nicely.

Superstition - Stevie Wonder - What a fun song, I'm a big Stevie Wonder fan and this is my favorite of his.

Summertime - Janis Joplin - I love her voice its so rock 'n roll!!

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Come As You Are - Nirvana

Those are all the ones I can think of right now
Don't Box Me In-Stuart Copeland
On Preston Platform-Jethro Tull
I Scare Myself-Thomas Dolby

and the entire of "Ballads" by Coltrane.

My perfect songs.
I'm guessing no one else here listens to Machinae Supramacy. They're an Swedish band, considered the creators of SID Metal. All that means is that they use the SID sound chip that can be found in the old Comodore 64 systems, and integrate its sounds into their music.

Anyway, they're my favorite band, and some of my favorite songs, like Deus ex Machinae and Violator, bash religion outright. Some of my other favorites are Through the Looking Glass, I Know the reaper, and Flagcarrier.
Cicatriz esp - The Mars Volta
its a very interesting complex song that jumps around but manages to come back to the beginning ideas
Here's my favourite 1950's rock and roll song.
I posted it on You Tube a while back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hJv9SluLTc
"Light My Fire" by The Doors

"Hotel California" by The Eagles

"Paint it Black" by The Rolling Stones
Single Songs - difficult. But I'll try. I'll limit myself to 1 song per artist / band

"Venus In Furs" - The Velvet Underground and Nico
"The Passenger" - Iggy Pop
"Thunderstruck" - AC/DC
"I wanna be sedated" - The Ramones
"Where the wild Roses grow" - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds with Kylie Minogue
"London Calling" - The Clash
"No Sleep 'till Brooklyn" - Beasty Boys
"EMI" - Sex Pistols
"The tide is high" - Blondie
"Holiday in Cambodia" - Dead Kennedys
"Let's do it" - Cole Porter
"Junimond" - Rio Reiser
"Punk Rock Song" - Bad Religion

ah - there's no end to it....
Gravedigger - Dave Mathews Band, and my favorite band is Cadaveria
Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service