Have a go.

Mine would be a bit hard to decide, but 'Angie', 'Let it be', Moby's 'We are all made of stars' and 'Slipping away' would be on the list. Oh, and 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' by Deep Blue Something. And U2's 'One'. And 'Rufus Wainwright's 'Hallelujah'. And Mylène Farmer's "Dessine-moi un mouton".
Crap, there's no end to this....

18 II 09 Wow, seriously? I listed Moby in my favourite songs? :D Well, things change. I recently became a born-again Beatles fundie. *grins*

Tags: favourite, music, songs

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, this is one of the hardest questions...

I made a huge 50+ list on last.fm, plus favorite song varies a lot depending on my mood. The Mundane and the Magic by Dark Tranquillity, Canto Della Terra by Andrea Bocelli, In the Groves of Death, The Gale and Mortal Share by Insomnium, Must Be Dreaming by Frou Frou, Flaming June by BT, Farewell, Stroke and Fisheye by Apocalyptica, Dead Eternity by In Flames, As Above, So Below by Behemoth, Man of Sorrows by Bruce Dickinson, Rain and Storm by Yuki Kajiura, Karma, Center of the Universe, Forever, Temples of Gold, Helena's Theme etc by Kamelot. You get my drift. I listen to a lot of music and I love music above else and I like many different genres although I prefer metal the most. Give me a genre and I can probably mention at least one song from that genre which I like.

It's easier if you tell me pick a favorite band or artist, because so far there are only two, Kamelot and Insomnium.
I have to agree with LeaT. There's way too many songs. Even artists are hard to pick. But let's see what I can come up with:

Soldiers of the Wasteland- DragonForce (I think as far as "epic" sounding goes, this is better than the famous TTFAF)
Are You Dead Yet?- Children of Bodom (I admire Alexi Laiho's ability to sing so well and simultaneously play complicated riffs)
Jordan- Buckethead (The solo... 'nuff said, and yes I did hear about this song from Guitar Hero 2 ^_^)
One- Metallica (The slow part is excellent and the fast part is just unexpected. They contrast nicely)
Du Hast- Rammstein (It's very catchy, and Till Lindemann has a very distinct voice. Also, German sounds undeniably cool, I must say)
Power of the Dragonflame- Rhapsody (What can I say, I enjoy power metal)
Here Comes the Pain- Slayer (It was a toss- up between this and Seasons in the Abyss, but this is just a little better)

My music library is very selective (I only have 88 songs), but that just means most of my music is stuff I absolutely love.
Start Over by Abandoned Pools, followed closely by
Your Lucky Day In Hell by EELS, and then
Airplane/Primitive by The Slip.

I have no idea if there's a pattern in there.
It may be ever-so-slightly off the "favorite songs" topic, but I recently posted a blog entry on my website in which I discussed "perfect songs" and included a representative list. (For me there's an increasingly large overlap between "favorite" and "perfect.") I won't waste space by reprinting the whole thing here, but I'll mention a few candidates: "Maybe I'm Amazed" (Paul McCartney), "A Case of You" (Joni Mitchell), "The Last in Love" (Jules Shear), and "Something in the Way She Moves" (James Taylor). Depends on the day, though!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make a list for all time, as I suspect my life span is somewhat limited.
Heh. My hearing aid fell out in the mosh pit, so I didn't understand a word they said.
Some of these I've loved since I was a kid, others I didn't hear until I was older, but I will probably never get sick of any of them:

The Hollies - Bus Stop (my most favorite song ever)
REM - Losing My Religion (First REM song I heard; I was twelve and quickly became a fan of them)
Blind Melon - No Rain (One of my absolute favorites to sing along with)
The Chipmunks - Diamond Dolls; The Girls Of Rock And Roll (can we count stuff from movies we were obsessed with as kids? Also if I were in a band I would so totally do a live cover of Diamond Dolls.)
PJ Harvey - Long Snake Moan (No exaggeration here: I listened to that song over nine hundred times within a three-month period, and I still love it.)
Jeff Buckley - pretty much anything actually, but especially Eternal Life and Hallelujah.
Bettie Serveert - Palomine (One of the first Betties songs I heard when I first discovered them in 2002, I have yet to get tired of it. I'm not sure if I've said this--I probably have--but they are my favorite band.)
Poe - Angry Johnny (My favorite song to sing along with, period.)
Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill (I don't have much to say about this one, I just enjoy it tremendously.)

Hm... I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of.
Aw dammit, I was doing something else and the 15-minute editing window expired; I was going to edit one of the songs with a YouTube link. Well, here it is anyway.

Bettie Serveert - Palomine
Yay, another Betties fan!

(feel free to friend me if you want to)
Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. I have every studio album, all the DVDs and live albums they've put out, every solo album by Page, Plant, and Jones, and numerous concert bootlegs. My Zeppelin song changes often, but "Since I've Been Loving You", "Stairway to Heaven", "Achilles Last Stand", and "In My Time of Dying" and "Over The Hills and Far Away" are among my favorites.

Van Halen, Rush, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, and The Black Crowes are among my favorite bands as well.

As for favorite songs, like everybody else, there are too many to mention and the list changes frequently, but here are a few:

"Dreamline" by Rush
"One" by Metallica
"That's Just the Way It Is" by Bruce Hornsby
"On the Turning Away" by Pink Floyd
"Road To Nowhere" by Ozzy Osbourne
"Dust In the Wind" by Kansas
"Walk of Life" by the Dire Straits
"Thick as a Brick" by Jethro Tull (the 43-minute version)
"I Stay Away" by Alice In Chains
"Judgment Day" by Van Halen
I love Zeppelin! My favorites are "When the Levee Breaks", "Rain Song", "Four Sticks", "No Quarter", "The Song Remains the Same", and of course "Achilles Last Stand"....

Like you, my favorite changes often. If I had children, asking me what my favorite Zeppelin song would be like asking me to pick a favorite child!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service