Is there anything that you do or have a strong pet-peeve about when it comes to the environment?

I started paper recycling at the office after seeing how much wast was created. Every other Friday I drive boxes of paper over to the recycling plant on my way home.

I hate when companies use Styrofoam when there are cost effective, earth friendly alternatives.

Tags: environment, green, recycling

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hate throwing cigarette butts on the ground. I always tear them apart.

My biggest pet peeve is that some people actually have a problem with clotheslines. I'm a huge supporter of hanging your laundry outside. It saves a ton of money and energy and I've heard it's less harsh on clothes. It just doesn't make sense to me that people would bother putting their clothes in a hot dryer (and crank up the A/C to counteract the heat in the rest of the house) when it's 100 degrees out. I'm planning to try hanging it outside in the winter too. The fact that some people actually find this offensive and outlaw it is what makes me think humanity is too stupid to survive. Hmm, which is worse, global warming or the possibility of seeing a neighbor's underwear?

My spouse and I live with a parent. Studies have shown that people all living in separate apartments with separate utilities takes up more resources than people living in a group (disclaimer: I'm not saying you should live with people you hate). So there all you hipster environmentalists who look down on people for living with a parent. That's my other pet peeve.

I grew up with recycling and compost and I just don't feel right if I throw things in the trash that can be recycled or composted. I started a compost bin at my new house and recycling. I take recyclable trash from my client's house to recycle b/c she doesn't have recycling where she is.

Bring my own bag (and also my own chopsticks) although I'm not sure how environmental it really is b/c when I get shopping bags I reuse them.

I get most of my things secondhand, and give away things on freecycle.

I was using a push-mower and liked it a lot, unfortunately I have a massive yard now and it kind of died. I'm hoping to do away with as much lawn as possible.

I can't really not drive but I have been walking and biking a lot more and have cut back on driving. I go places on the way to other places, and won't go somewhere until I have several other nearby places to go.

I won't have children.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service