I dated this guy for about three times, and I liked him and was comfortable enough to say some jokes, most of it he laughed at. After awhile, he said to me "Wow, usually all women aren't funny, at all". I let it go because I didn't want to mess up the date. But it did bug me a bit.

So I was playing video games with one of my male friends and told him about it, and he pretty much agreed, well not wholeheartily, but I was surprise to see him agree to even a certain extent. I even gave him a list of females who I thought were funny; Carol Burnett, Sarah Silverman, Janeane Garafalo, and he felt kinda impartial.

Do guys generally think this way? What kinda chauvinistic way of thinking is that? I think that kinda offends me, especially when I think I'm a bit witty and quick myself.

Views: 818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, I don't have time to debunk your original comments. I'm too tired from PWNing your anti-female bias.

I have no anti-female bias. I only point out the bias of feminist ideology, and your accusation is a good example of that bias.

Are you seriously deluded to the point that you think googling and cut-n-paste is PWNing in a discussion? That is essentially a 2000 Neon (a cheap dodge). Each of the articles you pasted in there could be an entire thread unto itself.
What would be the point of that if your response to my arguments is more google cut and paste? How would posts on other blogs add to discussion here?
Look - maybe some guys want to limit themselves or are intimidated or something. A woman can't keep me interested if she can't tell a joke. There are few things sexier to me than a woman who can make me laugh. A drop-dead gorgeous woman who isn't worried about looking foolish - I'm defenseless. (I don't mean "is" foolish. I mean, self-possesed enough to not care about being goofy.) Life is too hard, harsh and scary to want to hang with someone who doesn't understand the strenght and wisdom that comes with a sense of the ironic.
i'm pretty much funnier than all of you. male or female. sorry, its my god-given predestined gift. so all these trite arguments are futile.
Heh. Thank you. I can now save all sorts of time and energy... I'll just stop trying.

sorry, its my god-given predestined gift.

Wait... Shun the believer! Shun ah! Shun.... ah!
Some of the best comedy writers comedians I've seen are women. Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Jo Brand, Pam Stephenson to name a few off the top of my head.

Go to youtube and search for ' smack the pony ', really funny series written by women and performed by women. Absolutely Fabulous anyone?
Does not watch Bill Maher aye?
Yeah, gotta know the big names, they do the big damage on the line
Actually if you read Deborah Tannen, especially "You Just DOn't Understand", she says that, on average, women are not as good at remembering/telling jokes. Of course, that's not all there is to being funny, I love many female comedians and know some very funny women. But there may be something to what he was saying.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service