I dated this guy for about three times, and I liked him and was comfortable enough to say some jokes, most of it he laughed at. After awhile, he said to me "Wow, usually all women aren't funny, at all". I let it go because I didn't want to mess up the date. But it did bug me a bit.

So I was playing video games with one of my male friends and told him about it, and he pretty much agreed, well not wholeheartily, but I was surprise to see him agree to even a certain extent. I even gave him a list of females who I thought were funny; Carol Burnett, Sarah Silverman, Janeane Garafalo, and he felt kinda impartial.

Do guys generally think this way? What kinda chauvinistic way of thinking is that? I think that kinda offends me, especially when I think I'm a bit witty and quick myself.

Views: 830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As they say in the vernacular: "Squeeeee!"
Geez. Someone deleted their comments. I wasn't talking to an invisible friend.
I keep mine in my sock drawer.
I have heard other guys say this before as well. I disagree.

In addition to the names Jennifer mentioned, I would add Debi Guitierrez, Maria Bamford, Ellen DeGeneres, Judy Gold, Tina Fey, Rita Rudner, and, of course, the queen of mean Lisa Lampanelli.
I think Ellen's best work had to have been here role in the movie "If These Walls Could Talk".
I haven't seen that one. I'll have to check it out sometime. I was mainly speaking of her stand up. I've only seen her talk show a couple of times and I don't think I've seen any movies that she has appeared in. I watched her sitcom occasionally, but I don't really recall much about it.
This is not an uncommon attitude among some men, that women aren't/can't be humorous unless they are the butt of some stupid sexist joke.
In my experience, women aren't as funny as guys are. This does not mean that there are no funny women, but I would say that there are fewer.

I challenge the women of Atheist Nexus to post a single funny joke.
I challenge YOU to post a single funny joke.
They approached one of the gas pumps, and one of the aliens addressed it.

"Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace. Take us to your leader."

The gas pumps of course, didn't respond. The alien repeated the greeting. Again there was no response. The alien, annoyed by what he perceived to be the gas pumps haughty attitude, drew his ray gun, and said impatiently, "Greetings earthling. We come in peace. How dare you ignore us in this way! Take us to your leader, or I'll fire!"

The other alien shouted to his comrade, "No, you don't want to make him mad!" But before he finished his warning, the first alien fired.

There was a huge explosion that blew both of them 200 meters into the desert, where they landed in a heap rather abruptly. When they finally regained consciousness, the one who fired turned to the other one and said, "What a ferocious creature. It damn near killed us! How did you know it was so dangerous?"

The other alien answered, "If there's one thing I've learned during my travels through the galaxy, when a guy has a penis he can wrap around himself twice and then stick it in his own ear, you don't mess with him."

ok ok, they can't all be gems. But I hope it at least gave a few people a chuckle.
Sorry, not even a chuckle out of me.
Hysterical, I loved it!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service