Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Surprise, surprise. Plus it's Florida. I thought it might be somewhere in Africa, where christianity is spreading like a virus, and people are torturing/killing children on account of them being "witches."

Of course, psychotic people will always do psychotic things for any excuse, but the bible just seems to hasten the process.

Another article from the same site gives a little hope: http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/one-in-five-americans-see-bi...

Well, the Bible, if studied impartially, has some good poetry, at least in King James (ironically, a lgbtq person, incidentally), but anyone sane reading most if not all of the O.T. -- that is, anyone rational -- would have to conclude that this Jehovah or Yahweh or Whoever -- is wicked, capricious, homicidal, arbitrary, indecisive, hypocritical, and impotent. Then the question arises: Why are you believing in Him?

And some people who are actually sane and want a baby are unable to conceive.  Good plan "god"!  I'm sure there must be a reason...

Now, now, booklover, you know well that God works in mysterious ways.

Oh!  I forgot that!  Thanks James! ;)

Read all of the apologetic answers to that post and it's frightening how every Christian has an ostrich like opinion.

Now let's get to the real truth. This psycho bitch is about as insane as that god whom she claims to worship. Let them lock her away without parole.

Like every new lawyer fresh on the beat, I was early on assigned to do "mentals" for the county courts. More than once did one of my clients, facing commitment to an institution on petition of an 'interested party," exhibit obsessive-compulsive ideation about religious matters, including African-American youth who thought Stevie Wonder had stolen all of his songs and insisted that some personal injury lawyers were handling the matter and that he would soon become a millionaire. A few years later, out of the institution, he jumped off a high bridge and fell to his death in the ship channel below. I also witnessed during a local bus trip through the city of Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico, a small boy who crossed himself at every intersection -- hey, why not, it was a cross roads -- and exhibited obsessive-compulsive behavior, anticipating the next corner and sometimes crossing himself twice, leading one to the conclusion that a cathedral was located somewhere nearby. What Dawkins called "the God Delusion" can sometimes degenerate into psychosis.

That graphic is EXCELLENT.  It's so good, I'd be tempted to make up and atheist tract with it, with perhaps a bit of commentary on the opposite side, though  that would be gilding the lily.

Actually, it would also make a GREAT billboard.  Just throw in a logo for American Atheists or the Freedom From Religion Foundation at the center bottom.

Oh! Do so!

James, Rational and Irratonal Minds illustrate why religion is so toxic. submits to authority, values seeking morality outside one's own ways of knowing, uses denial of reality and feelings, encourages dependence, enables slave mentality, sanctions use of the amygdala without learning to think in the reasoning part of the brain. 

These factors maintain immature thinking and behaviors. 

Well, we all know what the 'true believing' homophobic bibble thumpers will say about this. This wasn't because of christianity. After all, LGBTs and churches that cater to them are not real christians. It's obvious why she killed the child. It's because she's gay. Yet, one more example of the gay agenda destroying good, American, christian, family values.  Accoring to them, just because the bibble glorifies human sacrifice (Noah story, Abraham, Jephthah and Jesus), doesn't mean the bibble glorifies human sacrifice.

And the sickness continues, generation after generation. Believe what you are told, as told in the scriptures. Sadly, she didn't have an angel to stop her dreadful deed. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service