I have an ASUS laptop with windows 8.  I didn't want the update but I dropped my old machine and broke the screen.  I use it mainly for working remotely, and the internet.  I usually do the same thing over and over, so once I figure out how to make a function work, I keep it that way and get used to it.   I downloaded Firefox and Chrome operating systems for my remote work.  Those haven't changed too much so I'm OK there.  Although, Firefox doesn't support group icon picture change on Ning (Nexus), but Chrome does, which is weird.

No matter what I do on this damn computer, it's more awkward, more difficult, or just can't be done compared to the last one.  I just tried to load a DVD to watch a movie, which I rarely do on the computer.  It took 20 minutes to figure out how. 

It took me a month to figure out how to override the system's self-resize of the screen.  The most annoying time suck since the government invented IRS forms.  Why did they set it up to self-resize and make me go through multi steps every time, and the majority of internet instructions to turn off that function didn't work.

I'm not a computer novice and I'm not stupid.  This system sucks.  It was designed by christians to punish atheists for not believing in god.  Windows 8 is the hell of computer systems.  It is punishment of Sisyphus.  I loathe it.

Absolutely nothing is better with WIndows 8 and a lot of things are worse.

I hate windows 8.  I also hate this damn ASUS laptop, even though I'll probably be using it for 5 years.

Thank you for reading this rant. 

Views: 1812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LMAO.  Christians punishing atheists thru computers. Too funny.

Anyhoo, I totally agree with the IT guy. Usually, every other version of Windows is like a beta version for what they really meant to do. 

Windows XP = awesome

Windows Vista = Horrible

Windows 7 =  Pretty cool

Window 8 = Is this a tablet or a PC? WTF? 

Or Christians punishing those other, heretic Christians? Naah....

I was just going to write the same thing about Windows versions! Recently, every other version has been a welcome advance, and the ones in between, to put it politely, not ready for prime time.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Professional and I like it a lot ... but if Windows XP came out with an equivalent 64-bit version which could map more than 2 gig of RAM ... then you'd REALLY have something!

Neither tablet nor PC.  Something more heinous. Something evil.  Possibly not of this solar system.  A Trojan horse, inserted by the Borg, to demoralize the pathetic Terran humanoids and make them more susceptible to attack.  You will be assimilated.  But with Windows 8, it will be a slow, awkward, frustrating, torturous, annoying assimilation.

Vista is not that bad. I run it at the office, but at home I have Windows 7 Home Pro and yes, it is pretty cool.  They were touting Windows 8 for tablets.  Interesting to hear it is not up to par.  But then my tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" that has Android, no O.S. from Microsoft.

Good information to know if anyone asks me.  Personally, I gave-up on windows 6 years ago.  Every new version was touted as better, but my experience with it was the same or worse.  

I finally purchased an iMac.  It's got many problems also, but at least it's never locked-up on me like windows did constantly.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service