I don't know if I've ever heard any position by any religion on what is supposed to happen to the developmentally disabled or people who are otherwise intellectually compromised in death. Within the perameters of religion do people without the ability to fully understand and/or assert a belief go to hell or purgatory, etc.? I understand that this may be a question for a religious forum or for those who believe in a religion, but I figured I'd pose it here too.

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess so although I think he is very clever.  He has me trained, at any rate.

Lol!

I agree Lillie!  And my cats have to go also!!!

IMHO upon death, the electrical system turns off, the heart stops pumping, blood stops flowing, organs begin to deteriorate and go to dust or ash. Flesh, bone, and blood return to their basic elements and nothing remains but memories. No heaven or hell, no afterlife, no reincarnation. Our atoms change form and become the stuff of stars. One day our planet and sun will end and our elements become part of other elements in the universe. There is no soul so there is no place to which to go. 

So, who you are remains as others remember you. 

Or as long as the Internet exists.

@ Lillie~ Ain't that the truth!!! lol

Joan, that was beautifully stated.  If I didn't see your picture there, I could have sworn I was reading something by Carl Sagan.   

Thank you Flying Atheist. My hope is my writing is improving. 

The Mormons feel that the developmentally disabled are special people maybe even Angels. if I can believe what I have been told.  My son was born with cerebral palsey and he is 33.  If there was such a thing as angels he is one. but he can be a little devil at times when the mood strikes him. He isn't able to walk talk sit up or care for himself. He does has a certain attraction to well endowed blondes.  lol 

With respect to blondes, your son and I have something in common.

Thanks, Rick, for sharing. Yes, I am sure he can be both angel and devil and his hormones don't appear to be disabled. 

Two weeks ago he had a visit by the supervising RN, Stacy  and she was very cute, blue eyes and very blonde; I wish I had had a movie camera trained on him when she walked into his room.  his jaw dropped and he was mesmerised for the entire hour she was here.  The best occurred when she touched him to listen to his heart. He stopped breathing; I guess as they say took his breath away.  I had to close his mouth and tell him to breath because he was in a trance.

This week a new supervising nurse came to the house and when he heard me say the nurse was coming today he got this smile on his face that told you his wheels were turning and he was in great anticipation; the nurse walked into his room and he looked at her and you could tell that he was disappointed when he realized she wasn't stacy. he did smile but his eyes didn't smile like they did for Stacy. after a bit he started smiling more because she was a blonde also just not as Blonde as Stacy.

He is very funny and he loves to travel especially to tourist locations because he gets all of the eye candy he can handle.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
25 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
38 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 commented on DAN DANA's blog post This Is How the Gaza War Will End
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
2 hours ago
BIPLAB DAS posted an album

anti superstition programme

its our regular antisuperstition school programme. this time we are in CHHATNA GIRLS HOGH SCHOOL of BANKURA DISTRICT in INDIA. we are disclosing the miracle behind FIRE WALKING.
2 hours ago
Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
2 hours ago
Čenek Sekavec commented on BIPLAB DAS's photo
2 hours ago
Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service