I don't know if I've ever heard any position by any religion on what is supposed to happen to the developmentally disabled or people who are otherwise intellectually compromised in death. Within the perameters of religion do people without the ability to fully understand and/or assert a belief go to hell or purgatory, etc.? I understand that this may be a question for a religious forum or for those who believe in a religion, but I figured I'd pose it here too.

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a great young man. And, it's pretty obvious he brings a smile to your face. Exactly what a son should do for his father. Congrats on having a great young man.

I like reading your comments about your son. It reads like you have a very strong and loving bond. Did the new nurse have a caring and compassionate demeanor? Perhaps he will learn beauty is deeper than surface features. 

This new nurse is just a one hour a month supervisory RN who checks up on he regular nurses, he has a regular nurse who has been with us for seven years. 

He loves all women but women with blonde hair and being well endowed has its own story.  He was diagnosed with a problem with central vision and could not focus well so he would look at people by turning his head sideways.  The Dr gave us a list of exercises to do with him to get him to focus on something while looking straight ahead it was a chore and we spent countless hours working with him but it was his sister and a show called Baywatch that actually corrected his vision. 

His sister would watch the show and one day I noticed that he was watching when Pam Anderson would bounce across the screen in slow motion. It wasn't that he was watching the show but he was watching it intently whenever Pam was on. I watched him watching Pam and he was staring at her straight on so intently, I was amazed and so happy that I bought him her red bathing suit poster and put up every picture of her I could find on his bedroom wall. they are still there today.

This story is so refreshing! You obviously pay attention to your son and notice his interests and respond positively. Good job! You have the makings of a book here. 

Rick that's a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it! ~ Melinda

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service