There's a famous saying that, "Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them."

I can't recall the originator - but with recent events in America - and the resulting pathetic rhetoric about political behavior, ignoring the smoking gun/elephant in the room - can America ever shed its historical feudal right to bear arms? Does anyone else think its about time it did?

There really is no need for a civilian to bear arms in the modern USA and despite all the laws - and the impenetrably powerful gun loonie lobby - isn't it about time American politicians grew spines and decided that this really is enough.

A little girl, born on 9/11/2001 lost her most basic and precious right, life itself because another man had the right to carry a gun. Americans you have Megan's law - how about a law to remember this little girl and abandon your primitive right to hold a tool which serves no purpose than to take life.

I note the the people most pro guns are also the most right-wing, pro-Life and pro-God - and if that doesn't prove what an anachronism this law is, I don't know what does.

Tags: gifford, guns, murder, politics

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe not in FireFox?

I use Firefox, with NoScript, among other addons.  Works fine, for me.  Mine runs rock solid, except for the occasional Java or Adobe plug-in crash.  You have to enable atheistnexus.org (duh), along with a couple of domains related to ning.com.

I have the following list of domains enabled, on this page:

googleapis.com

google.com

googlesyndication.com

scorecardresearch.com

ning.com

ningim.com

atheistnexus.org

A few of those are unnecessary for actual site functionality.

No. But sometimes firefox is phucked.

The edit feature, even after your suggestions, doesn't function using FireFox, but works great in Chrome.

Weird.  Works fine for me.  Not sure what you're doing wrong.  *shrug*

Have you got any plug-ins running, besides obvious ones like Flash and Java?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service