Dick Cheney is blabbing his pie hole.  I got to thinking, what religion does this monster claim and what are their teachings.  Wiki says this about Methodists: "The United Methodist Church seeks to create disciples for Christ through outreach, evangelism, and through seeking holiness through the process of sanctification. With a focus on triune worship, United Methodists seek to bring honor to God by following the model of Jesus Christ, which is made possible by the power of the Holy Spirit. The flame in the church logo represents the work of the Holy Spirit in the world, which is seen in believers through spiritual gifts. The two parts of the flame represent the predecessor denominations, the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren, and are united at the base symbolizing the 1968 merger."

Just as I thought: complete, unmitigated gobbledegook.  Dick Cheney emulates not Jesus Christ (even if he did not exist and is only an ideal, as I believe), but Nicola Machiavelli.

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From my experience, the Methodists are pretty tame. Yes, it's all gobbledegook, but at least the congregation is very liberal.  How many other churches support gay marriage?  And the methodists I know haven't even blinked when I say I'm an atheist.

So, I don't think religion has anything to do w/ Dick being such a dick.  He must have simply been picked on too much as a kid.  In fact, I think the only god Cheney believes in is himself.

Daniel, I got to agree.  Cheney isn't arrogant.  He's downright convinced!  If there was a cosmic jewish zombie named Jesus who came back down to earth, and confronted Cheney about what an evil piece of shit he really is, Cheney would say the same thing to Jesus as he said to Sen. Patrick Leahy on the floor of the US Senate.  "Go fuck yourself."
I agree with you Butterfly.  Took the words right out of my mouth!  : )

Atheist solipsists?!  I resemble that remark (as pRick Perry might put it, being an Agroid cheerleader with nice hair and no brains).  What makes you think that for the hour or so the pol is in church she or he is "repentant."  No, they are sitting in the pews feeling guilty about all of the fools they screwed and deals made with the likes of KBR (subsidiary of Cheney's securities "trust") and Blackwater (evangelical madman at the helm).  They mock everything said in their own scriptures, mock it with the stench of the dead, symbol of all religion.  Redolent of the sequence in L'Age d'Or by that arch anti-cleric, Luis Bunuel, showing bishops and cardinals in Guadelupe Posada-like, calavera corpses in all their finery. The Roman Church is the Church of Death, and all the other churches are dying, too.

But, hey, can we all agree that pRick Perry and his ilk bring to mind the third type in the famous saying of Seneca the Younger: "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."  The pols are all wannabee presidents, i.e. rulers.

"Dick Cheney is blabbing his pie hole. "

That made my day. LOL

I do get carried away at times, heh heh.
Forgot the photo.
Attachments:
Scary.  He definitely shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun.  He might shoot someone.
^ :D
And the solution is?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service