PZ Myers offered the ne plus ultra comment on this story already but I just couldn't resist adding my two cents worth.

Gayle Haggard, wife of disgraced mega-church minister Ted Haggard, appeared on NBC's Today show Wednesday and told co-host Meredith Viera that her husband was "cured" of any homosexual tendencies. Gayle appeared on the show to promote her new book, "Why I Stayed: The Choices I Made In My Darkest Hour." (more here)

Tags: Christian, hypocrisy

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roy Zimmerman also says Ted Haggard is completely heterosexual.

I know. The video is in my article and PZ's as well.
;)
crap, guess I should've read them before I posted - doh!
If he weren't such an ass I'd feel sorry for both of them. The man clearly has issues.
I started feeling sorry for him when that TV special came out and he talked about his financial and employment problems.

Then I found out about how much money he was getting in settlements, royalties from his books, etc., etc. I don't feel sorry for that lying sack of feces anymore.
I can no more feel sorry for that sack of fecal material than I can for Jim and Tammy Fae, Jimmy Swaggart, or the late Mr. Foul-mouth. People who can't come to terms with their sexuality because some dumb-ass book says they shouldn't are beyond stupid; there should be a new word invented specifically for these impossible lamers.
WTF?

"cured"? Ummm, how does that work? Is homosexuality a contagion now? Did I miss an important research paper on the matter? Genetics and bio/neurochemistry suddenly became obsolete?

So if homosexuality is just a tendency, does that mean my heterosexuality is also, just a tendency?

Something just doesn't come clean in the wash here ... Can I call "blue pill" now?
Actually, this is an emerging field of medical study, FoA: Cootiology - the study of cooties as a transmission vector of homosexuality, atheism and dish-pan hands....
::snort:: ::giggle:: ::giggle:: ha...hahaha...hahahahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA...::inhale::...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH...::hiccup::...::hiccup::...hahaha...haha...ha...hahaha...
::hiccup::...::snort::...::giggle::...::giggle::...::snort::...whew!

Thanks for that! I needed a really good laugh!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Grinning Cat replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
9 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion S.E. Cupp: I’m a ‘Better’ Atheist than Bill Maher in the group Atheist News
13 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion S.E. Cupp: I’m a ‘Better’ Atheist than Bill Maher in the group Atheist News
17 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
19 minutes ago
James M. Martin posted a discussion
20 minutes ago
23 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
28 minutes ago
29 minutes ago
31 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to matthew greenberg's discussion Enough already - take down the Brother Richard article from the banner
33 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
36 minutes ago
k.h. ky replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
42 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service