PZ Myers offered the ne plus ultra comment on this story already but I just couldn't resist adding my two cents worth.

Gayle Haggard, wife of disgraced mega-church minister Ted Haggard, appeared on NBC's Today show Wednesday and told co-host Meredith Viera that her husband was "cured" of any homosexual tendencies. Gayle appeared on the show to promote her new book, "Why I Stayed: The Choices I Made In My Darkest Hour." (more here)

Tags: Christian, hypocrisy

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roy Zimmerman also says Ted Haggard is completely heterosexual.

I know. The video is in my article and PZ's as well.
;)
crap, guess I should've read them before I posted - doh!
If he weren't such an ass I'd feel sorry for both of them. The man clearly has issues.
I started feeling sorry for him when that TV special came out and he talked about his financial and employment problems.

Then I found out about how much money he was getting in settlements, royalties from his books, etc., etc. I don't feel sorry for that lying sack of feces anymore.
I can no more feel sorry for that sack of fecal material than I can for Jim and Tammy Fae, Jimmy Swaggart, or the late Mr. Foul-mouth. People who can't come to terms with their sexuality because some dumb-ass book says they shouldn't are beyond stupid; there should be a new word invented specifically for these impossible lamers.
WTF?

"cured"? Ummm, how does that work? Is homosexuality a contagion now? Did I miss an important research paper on the matter? Genetics and bio/neurochemistry suddenly became obsolete?

So if homosexuality is just a tendency, does that mean my heterosexuality is also, just a tendency?

Something just doesn't come clean in the wash here ... Can I call "blue pill" now?
Actually, this is an emerging field of medical study, FoA: Cootiology - the study of cooties as a transmission vector of homosexuality, atheism and dish-pan hands....
::snort:: ::giggle:: ::giggle:: ha...hahaha...hahahahahaha...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA...::inhale::...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH...::hiccup::...::hiccup::...hahaha...haha...ha...hahaha...
::hiccup::...::snort::...::giggle::...::giggle::...::snort::...whew!

Thanks for that! I needed a really good laugh!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service