The main page has no explanation for the one day outage. Were we hacked? Was Ning malfunctioning?

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find it curious that trying to reload the page, having got the error message, simply got me the error message again. I guess what one needs to do is try again via a bookmark.

I just now realized the site has been up for at least 15 hours, because I got an update in E-mail with a link that worked.

One trick - don't just press the Reload Page button when you get the "Error 500" display, because it WILL, indeed, just reload the error page.  I made that mistake myself.

Yeah, I figured.

:)

Why would it not surprise me if some damn fundie decided to put "dem atheeeusts" in their place?

Thanks for the explanation.  I think it is a compliment they want to take us down.  Maybe our message is getting across. Wish we could take them all down.  Wonder if the Pope has awakened.  I understand Mother Teresa had serious doubts in her last years.

I don't think I'd WANT the Ratman on my side.  Though I wouldn't mind it if he confessed his crimes.

"Awakened"?  That's and interesting thought, Lillie, but I don't give the pope that much credit.  He has too much hatred and bigotry to be non-religious.  He has some serious de-converting to do before we can recommend that he meet with "The Clergy Project."." 

I know Ning wasn't down, because I belong to another organisation that also uses Ning for its fora.

So if the answer is that Atheist Nexus was attacked somehow, it was only this Ning site and not Ning itself.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Michael Penn commented on Andrew Bradford Hoke's blog post Let's guess what Cardinal Law is doing right now...
36 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Luara's discussion the fragile penis
41 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Eradicating the Faith Virus - A Conversation with Peter Boghossian
42 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall in the group Atheist News
43 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall
45 minutes ago
Joe added 4 discussions to the group Atheist News
53 minutes ago
Dan D replied to Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
1 hour ago
Luara posted a discussion
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
2 hours ago
Steve Shives posted a video

Book Two, Chapters 17-19 - An Atheist Reads Ray Comfort

The series examining the books of Christian apologist Ray Comfort continues with a look at Chapters 17, 18, and 19 of Comfort's book, God Doesn't Believe in ...
2 hours ago
Idaho Spud replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
2 hours ago
Richard C Brown commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service