Why religion is fundamentally and basically immoral and evil, and should be banned.

Like no other existing human enterprise, religion will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or its deity or to the breaking of one of its commandments.
There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Canned muzak. Makes me wanna go apeshit no end. Especially in restaurants.
Fucking Bjork. I want to run her over with a lawn mower.
I only hate Gwen Stefani that much.
women with muscly calves

Oops, I'm dead.
No reason to worry. There's only two reasons why men hate women with muscly calves:

1) these women run faster and thus are harder to catch
2) when they're caught anyway, they kick balls harder
There is nothing sexier than a woman with muscly calves. They usually have great thighs and butts to die for, too. If they are running away or kicking your balls, maybe you should try telling them how great they look as a first approach.
"-----and jerks!!!"

But I'd be really really lonely.

"Everyone in the world is crazy except me and thee,and lately I've been having doubts about thee" (anon)
ah that word, enterprise. like the enterprise slurping up the oil in the gulf leak meth head screw up...
go capitalism! please regulate, religion too...
Thanks Shamus. You're crystalline voice of lucid clarity is just what's needed here.
Religion is an interesting enterprise, one that promotes violence and death and it comes in various forms. Probably the most lethal one is in the form of the personality cult. Look at the reigns of Stalin and Mao. All they did was usurp the "divine right of kings" but at least they had the brass to admit they knew no God was there to have them kill the millions they did.

I wish I was as optimistic as you were, but religion will not disappear from humanity's essence until humanity itself goes extinct. Man seems to have this innate need to "worship" something. Once a religion is purged from a human's psyche, it takes a lot to replace the void that religion once fulfilled. Being as young as I am, I will probably be fighting the urge to pray and worship for a good long time to come. This may explain why so many others switch religions but do not give up religious belief as a whole and the list of examples is available if anybody wants to peruse the pages of Wikipedia.

I don't disagree with you in theory, Eric, but reality is very much the opposite right now.
Banning religion will have far worse effect. Religion is a predictable enterprise, unlike the companies run by other laws. This is far better a scenario than a free for all with people looking for a "shoulder to cry on". Unless a new support mechanism for dealing with real stress in life is created and generally accepted by society, removing religion will only make it come back stronger. We need a replacement for "God" maybe a "Dog" for everyone who needs one. But something like that is needed or else we are worse off as a society without it than with it. I mean God personally does not cost anyone anything, besides the fact that opportunists use the concept very well and get their way with people who can be misguided. Lets not blame something that is not there anyways, the blame lies with only having one abstraction, we can have multiple abstraction and all of them can be distinct, i.e. not Gods, but many "Gods" in in their own world. Something to keep the believers minds so busy, they barely have time to understand it all. One book, is a joke, we should have a whole library about this abstraction, so that it takes generations for people to read it once forget about understanding it, and all this should be written like Daoism. Something which has no real meaning without a context and in each context it has a different meaning.
What we need is a SUPER GOD WORLD or SUPER DOG WORLD, whatever you prefer to call it and then we can have the suckers pay to get to see this world by traveling to Mars.

Now that is what I call a plan!
:)
Well, in a few more years your passion will lead you to what you will seek (I mean seek not what you state in your posts)
Nothing but this society is what you have to thank it for and hopefully you will remember it when the time is right.
Good luck and happy journey.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service