Why religion is fundamentally and basically immoral and evil, and should be banned.

Like no other existing human enterprise, religion will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or its deity or to the breaking of one of its commandments.
There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't disagree more.

I am for disestablishment but banning not only would be ineffective but counter productive.

Banning things just serves to bring more attention to what your banning and creates persecution that helps radicalize the base.

How do you plan on enforcing a ban? Fines, jail, censorship? Ridiculous.
This is absolutely right ---- "Like no other existing human enterprise, religion will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or its deity or to the breaking of one of its commandments.There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity. "
Because of religions, there is more threat these days. Its evil because..it is making many people to do bad things. As you said --- should be banned. I dont think that can happen anyday. I mean, there are many religious brain washed people only in this world, So how and who can ban it ?
For the China lovers.
I don't see how banning religion will possibly do anything. It just seems impossible to enforce and on top of that I just can't agree with it. Yes there are dangerous fanatics out there but a majority of theist are not violent war mongers. They have as much right to express their beliefs as us atheists have the right to express no religious beliefs.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service