Why religion is fundamentally and basically immoral and evil, and should be banned.

Like no other existing human enterprise, religion will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or its deity or to the breaking of one of its commandments.
There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like no other existing human enterprise, Anarchism will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or Mikhail Bakunin or to the breaking of one its tenets against a stateless society. There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.
Like no other existing human enterprise, cultural relativism will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or political correctness or to the breaking of one its rules of accommodating hypersensitive zealots. There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.
What other words can you use to replace "religion."

I'd be tempted to try with that with "reality TV", "celeb culture" or "consumerism".
Earlier we were joking around about banning jerks, muscly-calved women, pandas, Bjork, etc...I do think it kind of shows what life is like when people just try to ban something they don't like, though.
There's a word for what you are doing...it's called "projection".
JstN: So, all in all after the name calling and childish behavior maybe we can have a conversation.

There's one problem Spaceboy - and that is both you and Eric have talked gibberish and made made unsubstantiated claims based of purely on faith and belief. These have been clearly pointed out to you. You have both refused to address these or support anything you say, instead curling up into little balls and crying about how cruel everyone is. I'm sorry, this isn't pre-school, you can't run crying to mommy or teacher because the other kids don't want to play your game. As stated already, there are minimum standards you need to meet if you want to conduct a discussion here. You are both epic failures.

Anytime someone loudly proclaims "I don't care what you think!" it most likely is b/c they care very much. Otherwise, why would they bother telling someone they don't care?
I agree and it's very sad because you would think that the human race would have grown enough mentally by now to keep it from happening. Even if that doesn't happen, our sun is a little past it's halfway point in life. One day it's fuel source will be spent and it will grow into a red giant. Everything in it's path will be incinerated. There is no way to prevent this cataclysm so we all need to be concentrating on finding a new home instead of continuing to be wrapped around the axle over man-in-the-sky junk that isn't even true.
The earth is about 4 billion years old, right? I'm pretty sure we'll be extinct by then, either by our own actions or natural occurrences, and maybe planet Earth will also be gone or unliveable.
It's not 'maybe', it's 'certainly'. Way before the Sun turns red giant, it'll heat enough to wipe our atmosphere and hydrosphere away, and that will happen before another billion years has passed.
Depends on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service