Why religion is fundamentally and basically immoral and evil, and should be banned.

Like no other existing human enterprise, religion will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or its deity or to the breaking of one of its commandments.
There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JstN, "banning" things means removing "freedom". You, of all people, should be all for "freedom". After all, "freedom" is what allows you to be an idiot in a public space whenever you please.

I have to confess I don't actually know anyone in person that has anything nice to say about the Chinese government. I am glad for that.
So tell us about the aliens JstN...

Many people did answer your question about China. It's pretty bad when someone holds up China as an exemplary society. More importantly, you keep responding with "stop attacking me/Eric!". Contradicting is not the same as attacking, although calling someone "a piece of shit" does qualify as attacking.
Is it the same China that will execute people trying to sell Marijuana, I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
Executing people for selling marijuana? Sorry but that is much, much worse than giving people the freedom to have stupid beliefs!
Well, there is no guarantee, but people with power tend to abuse it so... I agree with you to some level. Another thing is that they've already started, building a mosque on ground zero, near the site of the 9/11 attack. Now that's just insulting. If they don't give us respect, why should we give them the same?
[John D. - sit down before you read this]

Wayne: Another thing is that they've already started, building a mosque on ground zero, near the site of the 9/11 attack. Now that's just insulting. If they don't give us respect, why should we give them the same?

Why should building a mosque be any more offensive than building any kind of chapel or temple on the site? I object to all, but I do not object to a mosque any more than if it were any other faith.

Yes muslims died in the WTC. And yes the number of victims correlates fairly well with the overall muslim demographic slice of the US population. I hardly imagine their families were dancing around the teevee watching the rubble smoulder.

Rejoice. This is probably the first, and only, time you'll ever see me defending muslims.
they've already started, building a mosque on ground zero, near the site of the 9/11 attack. Now that's just insulting. If they don't give us respect, why should we give them the same?

Then it's a good thing the Hutaree loonies were arrested before they started to blow stuff and people up, or we'd have to blame all Michiganders just the same.
Hi, Eric.

Perhaps on the contrary, a global cataclysmic event is necessary. Then the survivors can make for themselves a new world with or without a skydaddy. In which case, it all becomes a numbers game all over again.
They would go back to worshiping a sky daddy anyway. The majority of people don't crave a life without worshiping something. The majority of humans left behind will probably thank the god they believe in that they miraculously survived the catastrophe in question, and then we would rebuild society forthwith. In fact, I could see a future that ends up being theocratic and fascistic in one fell swoop. They will surely not tolerate any kind of dissent and they will likely set up a gulag system for those that choose to deviate from the norm. I might be acting like a tin hat here, but the notion that dictatorship is the most popular form of governance is bandied about for a reason.
To the best of my knowledge the only people preparing for the possibility of a cataclysmic event are the most extreme of religious zealots. This doesn't bode well for the future of post-apocalyptic civilization.
And they complain we're the ones who are for extreme population control with our belief in personal freedom and reproductive rights.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service