Okay... So this discussion topic is taken directly from my blog... "the Atheist Goddess."

http://skycometgoddess-atheistgoddess.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-no-w...

I designed this post to be read by Christian Women on my blog... so far... not a single theist has looked at my blog... I hope they change their minds

I am a woman myself, thus my nickname, "the Atheist Goddess." As a woman, I am APPALLED by the percentage of American women who are Christians, even devout Christians. The fact is that there are fewer Atheist women than men out there, which makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me. The percentage of nonreligious women versus men is this: 70% of Atheists are men, 30% of Atheists are women, 75% of self-proclaimed agnostics are men, only 25% women.

These statistics are very sad and demonstrate a lack of will to rise above the strait jacket and shackles religion has put us in as women.
It makes no sense to me for a woman to continue being religious when ALL monotheistic religions, and a lot of polytheistic religious, are SCREAMING HATE at women!

I hate to break it to you women of Christendom, but GOD AND JESUS HATE YOU!
It's true!
Don't believe me? Let the "word of God" speak for itself!

First... God has sentenced us to be punished FOREVER because Eve took the "fruit from the Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil!" - Try to reconcile that with a god who "loves you!" - Newsflash: YOU CAN'T!
No "loving god" would sentence half the population of the world to eternal suffering and slavery because of one woman's "mistake." That's WORSE than the death penalty or life imprisonment!

Here's another little keeper from "god's holy word!" If you, as a woman, sing or EVEN speak in church... you are a sinner!

"1 Corinthians 14:34 - 35*
34. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Still not convinced?

I have a MILLION more reasons why women should NEVER be Christians!

1. No matter whether you do good deeds or not you are EVIL... that's what God said... so if you worship God, you must believe it!
"No wickedness comes anywhere near the wickedness of a woman.....Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die" (Ecclesiasticus 25:19,24).

- So APPARENTLY we're responsible for death too.

2. God believes you are WORTHLESS!
"The birth of a daughter is a loss" (Ecclesiasticus 22:3).

3. It's okay to rape US just not okay to rape MEN!
"Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." - Genesis 19:8

4. If you are unmarried and raped by a man, then God commands you to marry your rapist and "to death do us part."
"If a man finds a woman who is a virgin who is not married, and he forces her down and has intercourse with her, and they are found, then the man that had sex with her shall give her father 50 shekels of silver and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her." - Deuteronomy 22: 28-29

WOMEN OF AMERICA!! TURN AWAY FROM THE GOD THAT HATES YOU!! DEMAND THAT HE GIVE YOU THE FREEDOM AND DIGNITY THAT YOU DESERVE!! SCREAM AT HIM THAT HE'S A SEXIST BASTARD!! TURN AWAY FROM GOD AND BE FREE AT LAST! FOR IF YOU STAY WITH RELIGION, THEN BY THE WORD OF GOD HIMSELF, YOU ARE WORTHLESS SKUM THAT DESERVED TO BE PUNISHED UNJUSTLY FOREVER!!!

Tags: God, atheists, bible, christian, in, is, sexism, sexist, the, unethical, More…women

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I don't know much about oriental philosophies, except that Buddhism idealises the concept of 'not expecting anything', since desire is the root of all evil. It's not for me; I need the phantom of something to live up to, or an ambition of some kind. I have no explanation for the female 'second class citizen' position in some of these countries; perhaps it is the burden that lies upon women as the keepers of families. Raising offspring has long been seen as the female destiny, preventing them from a role in public life and discourse. That is a subject I know little about either. To be frank, I never really liked children and find it hard to empathise with people who really wish to have them.

I was taught that the old Minoan civilisation was probably matriarchal, i.e. the one which preceded the Greeks and was wiped out by a tsunami. They had conspicuous statues of some kind of goddess carrying snakes.

In their mosaics there are men wearing makeup and collars. Now, I'd love to be able to do that in other places than goth festivals, but alas, it's not socially acceptable and I have to confine myself to colourful shirts and ties and such.
Interestingly, polygamy and polyandry are not exactly equivalent: in a polyandrous tribe, the exploited woman has to cater for her 'owners', as it were. The males in general have more physical strength. I, on the other hand, pride myself in being exhausted from climbing the stairs, my 17.2 BMI and my inability to open jars. It is my firm belief that men should become weaker.
I, on the other hand, pride myself in being exhausted from climbing the stairs, my 17.2 BMI and my inability to open jars. It is my firm belief that men should become weaker

LOL I've seen this happen in Quebec, women's lib in Quebec has always been a little "special" we speak our minds vociferously. Interestingly, there has been a new breed of adaptative man in Quebec, the "pink" man, one not obsessed with sports and beers with the buds but who stays home, takes care of the kids, cooks, does laundry, and is genuily "nice" and "pleasant". As I've been a nomad for the last decade, I've noticed "pink" men are pretty rare elsewhere. Because feminism in Quebec had such a "bite", there is now a backlash on the part of men, but I think that's only temporary. Once a group of women have tasted freedom, I think, I hope, they will defend it with their lives. Quebec's the least religious place in Canada, yet domestic violence is still rampant, surprisingly to me, the violence is mostly among young women, much lesser among in women my age. Those my age are a somewhat vitriolic, and that may not be so with younger women.

At 5'7" and 180 lbs of dense mass, most guys don't mess with me, specially if I'm wearing heels! LOL I do find it hard to find a guy who is a physical match for me. It is doubly challenging with non N.Americans or N.Europeans, in my travel pictures from all other countries, everyone looks small next to me. I think you'd like Quebec, guys wear eye makeup, skirts and tend to be on the smaller side, tho they like going for nature hikes :)

The more I read on this topic, the more I feel this is not a matter of Christianity at all. It is all religions and modern civilisation as a whole, Eastern and Western, with gods or godless religions. Religions (gods or godless) are but the tools of patriarchy, they are patriarchy enshrined. I vote all women stop making babies. Without new fresh labour meat, all economies will stall and the ever hungry patriarchal machine of rape and wealth accumulation will peter out.

In that regard, it is perfectly logical for 90% of males on this planet to cling to power, who does not cling to power? Power, once created and enshrined is virtually impossible to let go.

Christianity is built to control everyone involved women are cattle children are things to carry on the seed there no emotion outer than hate control is pinticeal most women who are in religion will not speak up out of fear even if they agree with you
Good news, I am raising 2 daughters with reason and logic. I tell them that we are good people because that is the right thing to be, not because we are black mailed into it. They are strong vocal females! They take crap from no one, including me sometimes, lol.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service