I see we have a chat feature. However, every time I've tried to use it, there is never any one there, although it shows people as online.

Accept there may be a time difference, as I'm in the UK. Are we not a chatty forum?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like there are people there now. Probably depends on the time of day/night when you visit.
How funny. I never noticed the chat room function. But then I'm often finding myself catching up to the latest techy applications and hopelessly behind in the race to communicate faster in this sort of format. I joke on Facebook that my social circle is actually more of a triangle....I can't see spending all that time informing people of my every tedious behavior. I'm having breakfast; I'm petting my dog; I have to go out to get my mail at the mailbox...etc etc etc. And the forums seem to provide the more focused discussions I enjoy....interesting topics and debates and free-flowing expressions of opinion. Free speech at its best in my opinion.

I like your mathematical looking symbol up there...is it the proof of God's non-existence?? ha
I may be incorrect, but my understanding is that the chat feature shows everyone that is logged on to the A|N site as a whole. Whether or not these people actually go into chat is another thing. For example, I'm logged in now as I type this, but not in chat, even though chat will show I'm online.
At this particular moment, you don't show as being there, Stephen. But yes.. I think what you wrote is true.
I pop in and out of A|N.
I stop by ever once in a while. Actually the only place I'm actually active.
I run a couple Ning sites http://fiddleworld.ning.com for example. I recently disabled the chat feature as it was a bandwidth hog and nobody used it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service