Why Cry? Evolutionary Biologists Show Crying Can Strengthen Relationships

Why Cry? Evolutionary Biologists Show Crying Can Strengthen Relationships

ScienceDaily (Sep. 7, 2009) — Medically, crying is known to be a symptom of physical pain or stress. But now a Tel Aviv University evolutionary biologist looks to empirical evidence showing that tears have emotional benefits and can make interpersonal relationships stronger...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090824141045.htm

Tags: crying, emotion, tears

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fascinating...I really enjoyed this.
With the interpretation of crying as a sign of attachment and/or submission, I have to wonder if atheists would ever want to be seen crying. We don't seem to be much into submitting to anything and the attachment seems to be largely "intellectual".

;-)
We don't seem to be much into submitting to anything and the attachment seems to be largely "intellectual".

This could explain why some atheists appear to have tremendous difficulty getting laid.
This could explain why some atheists appear to have tremendous difficulty getting laid.

I'd write "No comment!", except that would be a comment.
Hey, I resemble that remark! And I am married! Sad so very, very sad LOL. On topic I was rased with the real men don't cry BS. A good cry always makes me feel better now. Am I still in the bro club after that?
Heh. I wasn't lobbing insinuations at the married folk, but at our social skill challenged brethren.

Oh wait... I suppose being married doesn't mean one has social skills.

Never mind.

If the bros won't take you because you exercise your lacrimal glands, you can join my club.
I'll share a short conversation I had years ago. Macho dude: "Real men pee standing up." My response: "Real men pee however the hell they want to." Silence.

Great story, Verne!
Tel Aviv, figures; they'll do stories on anything just to make a buck. Print/media/paper companies, etc.. commercials within the article etc..

people cry
they communicate emotion
end of story
big deal, not really

: P
Tel Aviv, figures; they'll do stories on anything just to make a buck. Print/media/paper companies, etc.. commercials within the article etc..

people cry
they communicate emotion
end of story
big deal, not really

Got a problem with Jews, Mr. McCall?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service