If you need a consolation prize after Tuesday's election, this may help:

You can see it in poll results from Pew Research to the Barna Group; you can hear it thunderously condemned from the pulpit and more quietly discussed in church focus groups, but agreement is pretty widespread: church attendance is declining and all Christian sects, even the loudest and most conservative, are losing ground in America.

Now, Gregory Paul, known for that 2005 statistical survey that measured the relationship between religion and societal health, explains why he thinks it's happening.

More here.

Tags: Religion & dodo birds

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is my great hope that the noise we now hear is the desperate cry of those who are losing their special status in society. An increasing percentage that noise is by the stupidest and most unyielding. Younger people are the key, and they aren't the ones who contributed to the Republican gains yesterday. That's a hopeful thing.
I'll take the disorganized spiritualists over a pack of hateful bigoted theists (with guns) any day.
You may love the fact that the AFA are eroding the English language, Fred but it doesn't make it right. It's much like what Ronald Ray-gun did with his Orwellian Newspeak naming of a nuclear missile "The Peacemaker". But I make that quite clear in my blog: http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/the-hijacking-of-atheism-in.
I couldn't agree with you more. I think those that reject religion and claim some sort of "spirituality" have enough common sense to know that the biblical version of reality doesn't make much sense but they have not thought about it much beyond that.
The CEO's aka 'pastors' etc/? will figure a way to make the bottom line or get more tax, subsidation? it's all about the subsidizing. That money is only going to be used to try and screw the system because they hate gays, nonbelievers and...

well, the CEO's or head honchos of many a 'evangelical' organization is foreign. Be they Asian, African, Euro... Look at Ray Comfort. TheSaintsRevenge has a great new youtube up today that says alot.

cya
I think it is becoming more fervent and fanatical...therefore more dangerous.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Future replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
58 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Michael Penn commented on nikki summers's blog post atheist billboard
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
John Jubinsky posted photos
1 hour ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
6 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
6 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service