This question was asked before by another member of Atheist Nexus who, unfortunately, left the site about 6 months ago. When he left, his discussions went with him. (I hate that about Ning.) That is too bad, really, because that topic received more responses than any other discussion thread on A|N that I have ever seen -- well over 400, I believe.

Well, I don't plan on leaving A|N anytime soon, so I'm going to ask that question all over again. We've had a lot of new members since the first time, so this will be a good chance for all the new faces, and some of the old, to vent once again about why they are single.

So, why are you single?

Tags: atheist singles, companionship, dating, lovers, partners, romance, single, singles

Views: 2223

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm, Jo? This one's yours.
Hmm, Jo? This one's yours.

If you're referring to my annoyingly mostly-bold-type post, yes. Sorry. Like I said in the next post, I was having internet issues that day and couldn't get back on in the 15 minute fix-your-mistake edit window.
No, I meant Atheris's question about Asperger's Syndrome.
Ahh, got it. Reply posted!
How does one find out if they have Asperger's? I have been told that I come across as aspie but have no idea if it is true.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

By no means comprehensive, but it has become the most reliable I-very-possibly-have-it/I-most-likely-don't online self-test. It's a decent place to start but I strongly recommend investigating it through several different sources.

Aversion to eye contact is one of the most common symptoms, but it can be a symptom of other things. And not all of us have a problem with eye contact. I don't.
Heh, I didn't even think of that. Makes me feel all special and linked to the universe now. :)
Heh, I didn't even think of that. Makes me feel all special and linked to the universe now. :)

Exactly how I looked at it when I turned 42.

Alas, today is my last day to be the Answer To Everything. Tomorrow I become ... beyond the answer to everything?

:-P
You will have transcended through the answer and become all-knowing. Of course, you can't let on that you know everything to us unenlightened ones, as that is part of the all-knowing... thing.
You will have transcended through the answer and become all-knowing.

Oooh, as an all-knowing being I wonder what form that will take. I've always wanted to be made out of pure light.
Heh. 5.

This is pretty funny, actually, since I'm obsessive-compulsive. I expected all sorts of false positives, from that. But none of my compulsions have anything to do with numbers; in fact I suck ass at remembering numbers. I think I mostly only got counted on a few of the pattern-based questions.

I've asked counselors if I might be asperger's, the firm answer was no... but I may have PTSD from childhood abuse from authoritarian parents...  I've done so much self work from an early age, and done so much social compensation in order to fit in, that the source of my multiple irritations is really undefinable from the psych end...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service