Women all over the world are seen to be getting more and more active, even in areas which were said to be men's bastions. Why then are there far fewer women atheists compared to men? Are women more religious? Are they still dominated by their men? Or by religious authorities? Are they too busy in their domestic affairs or are they simply not concerned? What is it? 

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

Views: 3564

Replies to This Discussion

if you like to get reason nr. 21 from me, here is an article, that I really enjoyed reading:  Jesus Christ, narcissist?

Most of my ideas are listed within that article. I'm attempting to separate them as individual ideas to be used when speaking with a Christian. While the article dwells on the mindset of Jesus - I'm attempting to use 'how he was' in relationship to those that came into contact with him. How it affected them and how it disrupted society.

Steven, Good news. I'll look forward to reading them. 

Joan - the first three out of 20 are completed for your review. I find any one of them compelling when talking to a Christian about Jesus.  You can pick from the 20 when completed as your favorites to speak with a pious and holy rabid Christian about.

"Some men would pass over a female-led group without even looking at the details."

Their loss.

I also noticed this when I got here. *sigh* I'm used to it. I often end up in majority male groups, including in my astronomy club and the ice hockey team I just joined. And now atheism. Why? I don't know, but I am convinced it's biological. Something to do with the brain and temperament. I am a heterosexual female, but I am always surrounded by men in the hobbies I choose. I know for a woman I am different, an outlier on the sentimentality--analytical spectrum. Not very sentimental.

For someone like me, who hopes to find an atheist as a mindmate, the male majority is an advantage.   It motivates me to be active.  

When I came here it was only to learn and post about religious ideology. I love the ladies and am very pleased to see so many posting here - but in the end - it's exposure to what is going on around us that affects us that I'm here for. Here is an example that came along today:

Mesa, Arizona - Minister Clint Rogers and his wife Angela 'Faith' Rogers, who run 'Clint rogers Ministries' and conduct 'faith healing' events throughout the United States, Africa, Asia, Europe and elsewhere have been indicited and charged with money laundering millions of dollars from scam mortgage sales on repossessed homes.

Three co-conspirators, a loan officer, escrow agent and a 'straw buyer' all worked together. They would artificially inflate the value of a home and pocket the money in a ministries bank account. The charges include 15-homes and $5.5-million in funding of which Clint Rogers is accused of pocketing $2.5-million.

The trial is set for February 14, 2012.

(Arizona Republic 12/8/2011)

Common occurrance these religious leaders using their tax-free status to hide illegal and illgotten funds form unsuspecting people.

replying to Ann Norman~

A hockey team? Pray tell more.

Yes, see my profile pic. I'm wearing hockey gear. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and hockey is very big in Pittsburgh. Many people play recreationally. Most the recreational teams I sign up for turn out to be about 25% women. However, I just signed up for an over-30 league and when I got my schedule yesterday, I see (guessing by the names), that I am the only woman across six teams . . . help.

Penguins fan?

Yes, but I like to play more than watch.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service