I personally prefer Ron Paul but unfortunately he gave up. But know I have no choice but to choose Obama. What about you?

Views: 618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't be paid enough to vote for Ron Paul, or Romney. I'm voting for Obama because he's the only candidate running with a firm grip on social issues and I do not want this nation to step backwards in civil rights. I agree with him about 80% of the time (although we have major issues in some places). 

If I could vote for any politician at all, it would be Dennis Kucinich.

agreed.. or maybe Bernie Sanders

The two-party system is kind of stupid, but since we seem to be stuck with it for now, I'd have to go with Obama.  I always felt Ron Paul was kind of a joke because libertarianism is kind of a joke.  And Romney?  He's a corporate plant and, uh...  What self-respecting atheist would vote for a party that has been hijacked by religious nutjobs?  If that's not voting against our own interests, then I don't know what is.

Obama - but not happy with the two-party system at all.

I believe what's needed is a true grassroots movement to throw the bastards out of the temple. Back on my home-world, Sol III, we might have done it.

Apathy and ennui have set bone-deep into the U.S. electorate. Until they believe it is possible to unite and write in the name of someone who is not brought to you by NorthAm, Inc. we are stuck with religious bullies dressed up like Col. Sanders. And they control their vast flocks of pigeons chickens with empty promises that they'll somehow teach "those people" a lesson.

BLUE STATE SECESSION NOW! ;-)

As to Blue State Secession, I would recommend a new book on the subject. Better Off Without 'Em: A Northern Manifesto for Southern Secession. Interesting read.

Why, thank you!

You're welcome.

I hope I can score this through an Interlibrary Loan. It sounds like it's right up my alley and I'm whatchamacallit, impecunious.

But what about us poor little atheists stuck down here in the south?  Can we move in with you? :)

Naturally there will have to be an orderly exchange of populations. Good luck to us all!

Of course, we'll all be playing bocce with Botticelli before such an event comes to pass ...

You're right about the population exchange. Didn't work out to well for India and Pakistan in 1947.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service