I've discovered the comedic talents of "Mitchell and Webb" and "Tim Minchin" recently and was interested in other suggestions for godless or skeptical comedians from our members. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Here are some of my favorite youtube video clips by same:
That Mitchell and Webb Look: Homeopathic A&E
Godless Comedy from That Mitchell and Webb Look
Godless Comedy from That Mitchell and Webb Look - Abraham and Isaac
Good Samaritan - That Mitchell and Webb Look
Storm by Tim Minchin (with text)
Tim Minchin - If You Open Your Mind Too Much...
Tim Minchin - If I Didn't Have You

Tags: Comedian, Comedy

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carlin to me is the funniest by far.
George Carlin IS GOD!

Obviously, there are other great godless comedians, but only choosing one that would be it!
I still own the VHS movie Dogma which I have watched dozens of times and God is a woman, not a man and George Carlin is in that movie. Its obvious that a woman would be God as only women can produce offspring, therefore if God can create a man then all men should be able to have babies as its only logical. Right?
But Yahweh made men out of dust and dirt and scraps hanging around, right? Or was it in his own image? There seems to be 2 takes on that little nugget of creative thinking. Don't take this the wrong way, but if males are made in the image of Yahweh, he's got some explaining to do. I think it was magic.... magic explains EVERYTHING. : )

Logical...you're funny. That word has little to do with Biblical Scripture, wouldn't you agree? Women made from ribs, talking snakes, trees of knowledge that couldn't be accessed...find any logic in the Creation Myth and I'll eat an apple in your honor.

I vaguely remember Dogma...wasn't Matt Damon in that one. I think I might need to re-visit it. I don't think I liked it at the time. But it's been a LONG time. I'm a big George Carlin fan so that's reason enough to see it again.
He couldn't have been god, he prayed to Joe Pesci.

Been checking out many of these comedians mentioned here, great stuff. Love the homeopathic doctors!
George Carlin and Lennie Bruce (who went to jail for his comedy)
Netflix has Lennie Bruce material in the free to view area. I'll have to check him out. I only remember hearing that he was controversial...but I didn't know exactly why. I thought it was related to profanity (as in language), not profane thoughts against religion!!

I just saw 2 free Netflix programs by the standup comedian "Eddie Izzard", who has been mentioned earlier by other people. WOW. Once you get past what he's wearing (he is either a transvestite or just dressed up to look like a transvestite...I haven't quite figured that out yet), he's got some really funny comments about religion and beliefs. I like his jokes about gun ownership in America too, and Charleton Heston, and "what if monkeys carried guns?"
Religion - Marcus Brigstocke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-ZrwFwLQg

I laugh my ass of every time I watch/hear this video, this is brilliant!
While I thoroughly realize Christopher Hitchens is not a comedian, I completely love his deconstruction of the 10 commandments. When he gets to his own version, it was his commandment number 8 when I laughed my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-63cTYJDCA
I recently discovered Pat Condell who tickles my funny bone.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/patcondell#p/a/u/0/eBrmH2pCmyM
For Godless comedy,

1)Dara O'Briain
2)George Carlin
3)Tim Minchin
4)Mitchell and Webb
5)Pat Condell
Joe Rogan, is my favorite. His take on Noahs Ark is super funny.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service