I've discovered the comedic talents of "Mitchell and Webb" and "Tim Minchin" recently and was interested in other suggestions for godless or skeptical comedians from our members. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Here are some of my favorite youtube video clips by same:
That Mitchell and Webb Look: Homeopathic A&E
Godless Comedy from That Mitchell and Webb Look
Godless Comedy from That Mitchell and Webb Look - Abraham and Isaac
Good Samaritan - That Mitchell and Webb Look
Storm by Tim Minchin (with text)
Tim Minchin - If You Open Your Mind Too Much...
Tim Minchin - If I Didn't Have You

Tags: Comedian, Comedy

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suppose Dave Allen was agnostic, as he always ended his shows with "May your God go with you". Having said that, I watched his shows religiously (oops) whenever I got the chance.

Here's one of the many clips he has on YT

A religionist comedian would be about as funny as a major fire at a hospital for crippled children
Stephen Colbert is a Catholic (according to Wikipedia, he even teaches Sunday school), but I find him to be hilarious.
I thought Colbert was 'one of us' ! Wqw !
I love Magnus Betnér. He's Swedish. There's a great video on YouTube of him performing in a church in front of the congregation and their preacher!

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv1uOHX5E_8" target="_blank"
Sam Singleton... check him out on youtube.
My favourite is Ricky Gervais, he's an atheist for sur.
If you liked the Lucas prequel gag - and have the time - check THIS out http://io9.com/5431426/70+minute-review-of-phantom-menace-is-the-on...
Lewis Black!

I love Mitchell and Webb, freakin' hilarious satire. Tim Minchin I just recently discovered and completely exasperated his library. But I'd have to point you towards Jim Jeffries, if you're going for godlessness. Also, David Cross, funny story:
I saw him, David Cross, live in Denver in 2004(?). He's going off about how to support the troops by voting Democratic, when these four people get up and walk out. His bit is all about how the christians are trying to take over the U.S., but it's a very subtle build up. Anyway, right as they get close to the door, he goes silent, watches them go out the door and says "Wait! I didn't even get to the part about how God is a fag!"
He turns to the audience and says "Just kidding! I just wanted that to be the last thing they heard tonight."
Because they haven't been mentioned, or haven't been mentioned much:
Catherine Deveny
Janeane Garofalo
Kathy Griffin
Paula Poundstone
Linda Smith
Julia Sweeney

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service