Where to find free profile photos/icons/user pictures (formerly "Will the real Osama bin-Bush please stand up?")

Dear "I Need A Picture"s,

Please stop terrorizing me with your icon of Osama bin-Bush. Please, please, please... upload a new icon. There were three bin-Bushs in a row in the friends section of my profile page today, and that just pushed me over the edge! If you don't want to use your own image, there's plenty of copyright free images online.

For instance, this site contains many lovely images from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)., and all are copyright free (some restrictions may apply).

FreeFoto.com is a bit more free-range.

I'm sure someone with a wee bit more time than I have right now can post step-by-step directions on how to upload a new image, and will be extra-helpful by commenting here.

Tags: Athest Nexus burga, Ill Kim Jong, Osama bin-Bush, icon terrorism, personal expression, user icons

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love the book series, saw the play - want to take the fam. to it some day.
I've only read "Wicked", but should probably read the rest.
Yeah, I know the porpoise of the generic icon. Some provocateurs would probably just leave it for the effect.
Changing a picture is easy (if anyone needs a little know how)...

1.Make sure you are on your profile page by clicking on the "my page" icon under the Atheist Nexus logo at the top of any page.

2. Under that stupid picture representing and offending yourself, you will see the word "photos", click it.

3. Next to your photo, click the "browse" button.

4. (Windows users) A new window will pop up, it should say "my documents" or my something... In line with those words you will see a square with different colors in it with an arrow pointing down. You will know it is it if you place your cursor on it it will say "views", click it. A drop down menu will appear. Click on "thumbnails" for user-friendliness.

5. (you may be able to eliminate this step if you find your picture right away) Navigate your way through different files, especially "my pictures" by clicking on the files and clicking on the "open" button at he bottom of the window.

6. Once you find the pic that suits your fancy, click on it and the button at the bottom will still say "open" click it. At this point the smaller window should have gone away. You should be back at this website.

7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see a "save" button, click it.

8. Never mind step 8, your done.

I think this is all correct. If there are any errors, please correct them.
Sort of like step 10 in the FAQ, also known as the Frequently Asked Questions.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service