Where to find free profile photos/icons/user pictures (formerly "Will the real Osama bin-Bush please stand up?")

Dear "I Need A Picture"s,

Please stop terrorizing me with your icon of Osama bin-Bush. Please, please, please... upload a new icon. There were three bin-Bushs in a row in the friends section of my profile page today, and that just pushed me over the edge! If you don't want to use your own image, there's plenty of copyright free images online.

For instance, this site contains many lovely images from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)., and all are copyright free (some restrictions may apply).

FreeFoto.com is a bit more free-range.

I'm sure someone with a wee bit more time than I have right now can post step-by-step directions on how to upload a new image, and will be extra-helpful by commenting here.

Tags: Athest Nexus burga, Ill Kim Jong, Osama bin-Bush, icon terrorism, personal expression, user icons

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here, here! I agree.
Look! It's a sighting of the rare Brother Richard!
A fine selection of tinfoil hats can be found here. Marx groupies and their BFFs, the Ayn Rand freaks can shop here and here. And let's not forget Mensa and the miscellaneous downtrodden masses. And for the brave, there's always ImageChan.
This was much better than a bouquet of flowers.

Even though I love flowers.
Please to be substituting Kim Jong-Il for Osama bin-Bush.

Did I hear someone was looking for places to find profile icons/user pictures?
From another thread on this topic -

Richard Mathews: 1) Why is it even seen as necessary to 'encourage' people to get a personalized avatar?

Because default avatars are viewed with suspicion. Unwelcome intruders, especially guerrilla theists, never change their avatars. If you choose to keep the default, be aware that you will treated differently by a lot of folk and maybe even jumped on occassionally.

When selecting avatars, size doesn't particularly matter (unless it's over a meg). What is important is that it is close to square in dimensions. Ning will crop non-square images in bizarre ways. Don't waste time trying to fix it. just make it square.
I have tried and tried and I do not understand how to download a picture. I do not have any 5 yr olds or teenagers available to show me how. And I am far from computer savvy. Sorry, I hate the picture that is up also. Would love to have a new one.
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but it looks like you figured it. Congratulations!
I know one member in particular who is driven to the edge of insanity by the image of Hulk Palin. So please... help save her sanity by uploading a different image as your icon if you haven't already. Directions are in the FAQ.
Actually it is Palin as the Wicked Witch.

The purpose of the generic pic is to invoke disgust and force people to change them. Hopefully it is working. :)
So we're insulting Elpheba (the 'Wicked Witch of the West) now, what did she do? ;)
I know!

It probably all depends on your perspective. I mean, Dorothy's house crushed Elphaba's sister, the Munchkin's had a party celebrating her death (callous!), Dorothy stole Elphaba's slippers, Glinda sends Dorothy off to seek the "Wizard" (some carnie shyster who rules Oz by convincing people he has "magical powers") in her scheme to off Elphaba and consolidate her power...

...and Elphaba was the "Wicked Witch"? Puhleeeeze...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service