Taking suggestions, trying to organize my new place!
So I proudly own 4 copies of the Bible, they are all special in their own way! And I am anal retentive about organization and I alphabetize my books (and cds and dvds, color coordinate my closet and arrange my shoes by type) but I cannot decide where the bible should go. Since its not a priority book when i ran out of room on the bookshelf they have been moved around but I just got a new bookshelf and have some room so any suggestions?
I was thinking at the beginning because that is where anthologies are usually placed in book stores, but I have other anthologies so how do I alphabetize it within those?
Should I alphabetize based on publishing company? Or based on type of bible (New king james, NIV ect)?
Does anyone else own bibles (I am sure many of you do, its almost necessary when being an atheist)? and where do you keep them?

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mines stuffed in the back of my buffet. Haven't touched it in years but im thinking of going though it again.
do you have a fireplace?....
Yes! They do burn forever!
If you have a fantasy section then I suggest that; that be a good place to squeeze them in. :O)

Lets see, I own the Tanakh(Hebrew, and English), Bible, an Interlinear Bible(Hebrew, Greek, and English), Qur'an(Arabic and English), and Book of Moron. I keep most of them in a book bag on the floor. ;O)

Katalyzt
It fits well in many catagories. Horror, sci-fi, mythology, fantasy, war... I suppose it has some historical relevance as well but I keep it where it fits best, mythology.
I put my bible in the one place where it'll do the least harm, the trash can!
walter, i told my daughter the bible is nothing but wasted paper and the death of a tree.
The more I think about it, the more I think it might be wise to keep one in my car. That way, I can make sure and have it visible on the seat next to me when I get pulled over. Might get me out of a ticket here in Mississippi.
"The more I think about it, the more I think it might be wise to keep one in my car. That way, I can make sure and have it visible on the seat next to me when I get pulled over. Might get me out of a ticket here in Mississippi. "

That wouldn't work here. The cop would think you were a religious nut and do his best to defect your car. :0)
Where should I put my bibles?

The fireplace.
I have all my books about philosophy and religion in the cabinet above my computer desk, but they aren't organized in any particular fashion.
Put them in a blender for a delicious Bible smoothie.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service