Why do they have to smoke? 

Why do they break the law and smoke pot?

I'm afraid I'll have to have a religious girlfriend.

Views: 835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget eating babies!

lol Loren, eewww!

Evidently you have a bunch of stoners who call themselves atheists.

Atheist Nexus is chock full of real atheists who may have tried weed and smoking, but most got over it.

There are likely many health conscious, non-smoking atheists in your area on Nexus.

I'm certain you will find many.

Since the whole world appears to be moving away from religion as part of our cultural evolution, many new atheists will be coming online in the near future.

It's an exciting time for atheism, not so exciting for theism.  LOL

Education is changing the world.

"Atheist Nexus is chock full of real atheists who may have tried weed and smoking, but most got over it."

how could you possibly know that?  

"how could you possibly know that?"  That's what I was thinking Matt!  I know a few Atheists who tried weed, liked it, and still smoke it.  I'm not one of them, but I am not against it!  I think weed should be legalized like alcohol.  Drinking alcohol isn't healthy either (I'm not talking a glass of red wine), but it's legal. 

I smoked for over 30 years, but no more. Some say there's still time enough for me to "go back" after being quit now 14 years. Why would I want to? You can smoke, but not in my house, and leave me out of it, OK.

Oh, you smoke pot. I don't have to. All I have to do is be around you as you smoke it, and breath. That gets me high as a kite every time.

The worst thing in the world is a religious girlfriend. If she knew anything about god and jebus it would be "because the bible told her so." Christians think that is the ultimate answer!

I read recently that Kirk Cameron was an atheist as a teenager and he later became a christian. Let's back up a minute. Most likely Kirk didn't want to be bothered with religion as a teenager, so he told everyone he was atheist. People do this, you know. I'm an atheist because I know too much about my bible. There is no way back to "faith" for anyone that can see the faults in scripture. Therefore, god is imaginary.

I've even stumbled onto Internet sites telling christians how to win back atheists. In a list of 5 things to discuss with us the first one was to show us how genuine the bible really is! The next step is to tell us how god really does love us. I thought "Jesus Christ, these bastards really are messed up, aren't they!" I guess this is why they think we got angry and just stopped believing. Do a little study here and wake up!

I love looking things up in the Skeptics Bible. It all makes perfect sense to me. Now you have other sites claiming the Skeptics Bible got it all wrong. Reading this stuff is laughable. It's christian apologetics at its best. That is what is really laughable.

"What? You don't believe in god. Here, look at me. Now look at this dog"

Dennis, I so much agree with your post.  Especially that "The worst thing in the world is a religious girlfriend."

OK...ALLOW ME TO CLEAR THINGS UP:

the poster doesnt mean "genuine" as in "true" or "pure," but, rather, as in like a classic "good person." he's not misunderstanding the meaning of "atheism." he's misunderstanding the meaning of "good."what's up with all these losers bashing weed. it's not overly harmful and it can have very positive benefits. sure, it's probably negative overall for health, but sacrificing happiness for health is just as bad as - if not WORSE than - sacrificing health for happiness.

if you're so worried about dying, WHY ABSTAIN FROM LIVING?

I don't smoke, I drink only on special occasions, I am an atheist and I'm female.  We exist.  That said, do you object to smoking because you find it a turn off, if so fair enough, or because you object to it being illegal?  If the later would it stop bothering you if pot was legal or would you still rather your partner not smoke?  Don't kid yourself, lots of religious girls smoke too, that isn't a guarantee of anything.

Best wishes! :D

Where I live, pot is legal.

Wouldn't a religious girlfriend be an un-genuine Atheist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch

Very good video to watch. Essentially this is the No True Scotsman fallacy.

"All real atheists don't smoke" -- Nothing in the definition of atheist has anything to do with smoking. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service