I don't know about you guys, but whenever I am engaged in debate with a fundie Christian who can't understand how it's possible that anyone can reject the concept of God, I always ask them how it is they can reject all the other gods that man's mind has created over the millenniums.

Invariably they say "But MY God is the TRUE God." Of course, thats the same reasoning (if you can call it that) that Hindus use for their gods, as wiccans use for their gods and goddesses, as Satanists use, as animists use, etc. etc.

I tell them there are a lot of gods who are much more attractive than their God, and should I ever decide to empty my brain of all reason and reality I'd likely pick Bacchus/Dionysus to worship. I don't drink, but hey... he was at least a fun guy. He never wiped out entire tribes/committed genocide, or suborned raped, or demanded gays, unruly children, and adulterers be stoned to death -- all the hideous things in the Bible with which their Abrahamic God is credited. Naturally, the discussion is a stalemate. But one can expect nothing more.

So here's my question: Of all the ancient gods, which one would YOU admire most and worship if you lost your mind?

Hump

Tags: True, abrahamic, bacchus, dionysus, god, gods, pagan

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You would think they could have come up with a better god than a dead jew on a stick!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service