for 50 years from now? What kind of changes will take place in the world, in america. I'm curious to know what you think the world will look like. I tend to think that there will be a larger division between the haves and have nots, maybe more gated communities, etc. Also, i think solar energy will take off. The technology will be through the roof, so living longer would be possible because of the ability to grow organs, artificial parts, nano computers, and who knows. Oh yeah, what would be the state of religion in the world?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If we credit a Stanford study , Climate Scientists Forecast Permanently Hotter Summers, 50 years from now Summer will mean suffering.

"According to our projections, large areas of the globe are likely to warm up so quickly that, by the middle of this century, even the coolest summers will be hotter than the hottest summers of the past 50 years," said the study's lead author, Noah Diffenbaugh, an assistant professor of environmental Earth system science and fellow at the Woods Institute for the Environment at Stanford. [emphasis mine]

Little green men with ray guns will take over the planet and humans will all be their slaves or maybe their food, I'm not sure which,

Honestly, I don't have a clue.  I'll probably be dead by then anyway. 

In many ways I think the future of 50 years from now will be pretty much similar to a book I read back in the 70’s called The Sheep Look Up. In fact I’m pretty much expecting most of what the book describes will come to pass within the next few years.

I guess in 50 years from now the United States will be overrun by the Chinese, mostly because our country will have been made so stupidfied by religious beliefs that our country’s average I.Q. will be just above that of Navel Jelly. Oh! I’m sure they’ll be some holdouts, militant groups in the hills or a few of us atheists in the mountains and what have you, but I kind of get the feeling that America (as a whole) is rapidly approaching a hurdle that our fast food fattened legs aren’t quite ready to jump over. Because collectively the human race is definitely starting to push the frontiers of its Darwinian Envelope; and as such we are either going to be responsive to it and change, or we parish.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service