I think everyone likes ice cream. It is one of my favorite desserts, and now that I can’t eat my other favorite (cookies), I’ve been eating quite a bit of ice cream lately.

I love all kinds of ice cream: vanilla, mint-chocolate chip, cherry, butter-pecan, black walnut, coffee, and pistachio. You name it and I’ll eat it. About the only ice cream I dislike is chocolate. It is just too chalky for my taste.

This is my new all-time favorite: Fleur de Sel Caramel, made by Häagen-Dazs. OMG, it is so good! It is vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls, and chocolate-covered caramels sprinkled with sea salt. This stuff should be illegal! It is so yummy! You must try this if you haven’t already.

Almost anything Häagen-Dazs makes is good, but another one worthy of mention is their Pistachio ice cream. I’ve had Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio Pistachio, and I’ve had Talenti’s Pistachio Gelato. B&J’s is decent, and edible, but I was really disappointed with Talenti’s. However, HD's is the best. It has a wonderful fresh-milk taste to it that I’ve never noticed in any other ice cream.

The Häagen-Dazs FIVE series of ice creams are also spectacular. They only have five ingredients per recipe. Basic, simple ice cream.

I usually kind of turn my nose up to most Ben & Jerry’s, as it will have something I either can’t have (cookies/gluten), or something I don’t like, such as toffee or marshmallows. However, they do have one I really like: Crème Brulee. This deserves another OMG!, and it is better than HD's Crème Brulee version. This stuff is so fattening that a single serving has 25% of your RDA of fat. Approach with caution!

So what are your favorites, and why?

Tags: Ben & Jerry’s, Häagen-Dazs, dessert, food, ice cream

Views: 1508

Replies to This Discussion

I am just back after some time without checking the mail. That includes reading the whole of what has been posted for this question. I just read the question and had the most intense burst of flavor nostalgia I ever remember. WITHOUT QUESTION, my favorite ice cream and the best in the world, is Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip.

One of my classmates in culinary school made a lime avocado ice cream. I wish I had his recipe, because it was incredible. 

My favorite store bought ice cream is probably Edy's Thin Mint ice cream.  But, I haven't found very many ice creams I don't like....

I like Ben and Jerry's "Magic Brownie", Starbucks "Mud Pie" (can't find it anymore though", Haagan Daaz 
"Honey Vanilla" or experimenting with homemade recipes.  I have three children, ages 12, 15 and 18 and have been making homemade ice cream for their birthdays all these years.  My favorites have been: lavender, burnt sugar and Alaska blueberry.
Attachments:
I like Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato.

I found a new coconut ice cream I really like: Snoqualmie Island Coconut Ice Cream. It is very creamy and flavorful, and has little bits of grated coconut in it.

I've also tried the Crème Fraiche Gelato, but I'm not too wild about that one. The Pumpkin Custard looks tempting, too.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service