I think everyone likes ice cream. It is one of my favorite desserts, and now that I can’t eat my other favorite (cookies), I’ve been eating quite a bit of ice cream lately.

I love all kinds of ice cream: vanilla, mint-chocolate chip, cherry, butter-pecan, black walnut, coffee, and pistachio. You name it and I’ll eat it. About the only ice cream I dislike is chocolate. It is just too chalky for my taste.

This is my new all-time favorite: Fleur de Sel Caramel, made by Häagen-Dazs. OMG, it is so good! It is vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls, and chocolate-covered caramels sprinkled with sea salt. This stuff should be illegal! It is so yummy! You must try this if you haven’t already.

Almost anything Häagen-Dazs makes is good, but another one worthy of mention is their Pistachio ice cream. I’ve had Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio Pistachio, and I’ve had Talenti’s Pistachio Gelato. B&J’s is decent, and edible, but I was really disappointed with Talenti’s. However, HD's is the best. It has a wonderful fresh-milk taste to it that I’ve never noticed in any other ice cream.

The Häagen-Dazs FIVE series of ice creams are also spectacular. They only have five ingredients per recipe. Basic, simple ice cream.

I usually kind of turn my nose up to most Ben & Jerry’s, as it will have something I either can’t have (cookies/gluten), or something I don’t like, such as toffee or marshmallows. However, they do have one I really like: Crème Brulee. This deserves another OMG!, and it is better than HD's Crème Brulee version. This stuff is so fattening that a single serving has 25% of your RDA of fat. Approach with caution!

So what are your favorites, and why?

Tags: Ben & Jerry’s, Häagen-Dazs, dessert, food, ice cream

Views: 1482

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I lik pumpkin as well. Pumpkin muffins, bread, soup, milk shakes, ice cream. It is very good! You and I have similar tastes. Aren't you the one who posted something about coconut sorbet the other day?
I always get crap from my friends but I remain to this day a Vanilla person, simply because anything can go with it.

Orange and Vanilla floats
Apple Pie a la mode
Caramel or some other sauce
Just plain in a cone

Fruit sherbets are not bad either.
I don't really have a favorite ice cream, but I do have one very memorable one. There's a middle-eastern restaurant I like that sells gelato as well, one of the flavors is called "Persian Vanilla." It's vanilla with a variety of middle-eastern spices and flavorings added. I don't remember all of the flavors that went into it, but off of the top of my head there was saffron (which gave it a nice color), cinnamon, and rose water (and the obvious vanilla). It was quite interesting and well balanced.
That sounds awesome.
Dang, that sounds good!
Coconut, cause I love coconut. Chocolate eclair when it has those layers of hard chocolate. Moose tracks, same thing. Peanut butter, with those stripes of peanut butter. Black raspberry, blueberry cheesecake.

Indian ice cream is also really good, especially mango, but there is also rose flavor and many other flavors.

I also liked mixing matcha green tea (the green tea that's ground into a powder) in with vanilla ice cream. Matcha wasn't so exciting by itself, but was great mixed into things, like smoothies and ice cream.
I love anything coconut. Coconut sorbet is a favorite.
I love coconut flavoring. My favorite is coconut flavored shaved ice...
I mostly eat vanilla and mint - mint n' chip or peppermint. I'm lactose-intolerant, though, so I rarely have any.

I don't care for most of Ben & Jerry's, but I will get peanut butter cup if I'm craving peanut butter ice cream.
Häagen-Dazs has a great new Mint Ice Cream in their 5 Series.

My favorites are cake batter, chocolate cake batter, pumpkin, neapolitan, and mint chocolate chip...

I like sweet things but things with a bit of interest and complexity as well. I once had Honey Lavender flavored gelato and that was an experience! It was quite good actually, but after a while the taste was a bit sick, so just don't go overboard or you'll be eating creamy perfume...

What I dislike in ice cream is fruit, or nuts, or gum (whose idea was that?!).
My current favorite is Breyer's Black Raspberry Chocolate. Breyer's is pretty natural compared to a lot of ice cream brands and it's delicious!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service