Did anyone see this? (I got it from Doonesbury):  "We are a Christian nation founded on Christian principles. The way I evaluate history textbooks is first I see how they cover Christianity and Israel. Then I see how they treat Ronald Reagan -- he needs to get credit for saving the world from communism and for the good economy over the last 20 years because he lowered taxes."
-- Dr. Don McLeroy, chairman of the Texas Board of Education, which recently approved a controversial new school curriculum.

Could anyone from Texas comment on this?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're talking about it in the politics subforum if you scroll over.

I have nothing to say on the matter. My sister and I both are already graduated from public schooling, luckily, so it doesn't affect us directly. It does affect us both indirectly, though, as Texans and potential future parents, or even when it comes to working with younger generations.

Overall, I'm annoyed at the idiocy of these people. No one on the Board of Education is an actual expert on sociology, economics, or history. They just deem themselves as such 'cause they read a couple biased books. >.X

By the way, McLeroy's being replaced in ten months by a moderate conservative.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service