One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A fundamentalist Christian from Indiana once told me that if only people in poorer parts of the world would believe in Jesus there would be no starvation or suffering in their in their countries.
Well, Catholics believe in literal transubstantiaton. Maybe this Indiana funds thinks it also works in reverse.

Think about it. Instead of Jesus being in their hearts, he can be in their stomachs. And from there it should be a simple matter of turning into a cracker. Yeah, and since god is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. It shouldn't be any problem for him to also be omnifilling, omnisatisfying, and omninurishing.

Yeah, it is amazing what faith can do.
After a Frank Turek Lecture Q & A session where he hulimiated another atheist student a person came up to me and said I was polite and I had logical arguments but they still sided with God.

Now on that latter half a kid was put on the spot for asking why he became an atheist. "Well I had some deep inner thought and intro-spection and came to the conclusion that there isn't a God".

Frank then laughibly said "You had deep thoughts..."
The Majority of the audience laughed at him. They laughed at him for having intro-spection. Yes because how do they know when they're all by themselves that JEsus loves them. How can they feel that warm fuzzy feeling of a godly embrace when they're all by themselves. They may say "THE SACRIFICE" not action my friend. How do yoU FEEL it. or more so how do you KNOW IT.

Through "introspection".

Bah...sorry not the most disturbing.

I Guess it was at a Methodist Church Camp when I was younger being told by the camp (Yes the camp all the counselors and people in charge agreed) that Brokeback Mountain winning movie-based awards was a sign of the decay of society.

Even in my religious-socially accepted Stupor I knew this was insanely wrong.
Some kid on my school forums said that the reason school shootings happen is because religion isn't being taught there.

wat.

LOL!! my Mom used to say crap like that all the time (she is dead now).

She would tell us (her sons) how much she regretted not being more strict about making us

go to church when we were kids, and it was all her fault that we turned out to be heathens :)

My step-dad is still like that. xD He's always complaining about me not being religious and how he should bring me to church more often. Newsflash: dragging me to church isn't going to magically make me believe in god. xD
No, probably quite the opposite.  I spent my childhood going to church all the time.  I was brainwashed for a while, just like the kid in the video.  Then, pretty suddenly, I realized what a bunch of hooey it all was.  When people talk about religion, I try to use the word hooey as much as possible.  It is so childish and it drives them crazy.
^ Yup, that pretty much sums me and my childhood up~
My mom's okay with it, but my step-dad...not so much. >>; He's the one that forced me to join a bunch of teen christ groups, which I was eventually allowed to leave after a lot of complaining. xD

This is sad, but also funny, and relevant to the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM6BEGZ-spI

Hey look, it's me and my step-dad, only with reversed genders!
I know exactly what that kid is going through. xP

What's the creepiest thing a theist has ever said to you?

That there is a God and he is Great and that he Loves me....:p....pfffffthh..

Yeah,I got a preacher yell:"God still loves you." on the street one day. I ignored him.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service