One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, honeybees die after one sting--the barbed stinger and venom sac pull out of the abdomen and keep pumping venom into the victim while the bee crawls off to die with her guts ripped out. Great design. For an evil god. Of course, wasps can sting a person over and over until they get bored wielding their barbless stinger and then fly off to sting another day.

It sure would be great if the idjits promoting intelligent design actually knew anything about nature. But it's not like religious people are famous for their consistency.
That and if he kills a bee for stinging someone (and for people who are allergic to bees, killing the person), why doesn't he stop famine?
Well, for starters, with all those bees dying from stinging people, it's kinda tough to pollinate the crops. Plus, Jehova's an asshole.

A little off topic, but you remind me of something I read in a Richard Dawkins book.

I forget the details, so I have to wing it (I'm sure a biologist will know).

There is this wasp, or something, that paralizes some other bug long enough to boor their

abdomin in and lay their eggs. The eggs hatch inside the other bug and eat their way out

while the bug is still alive!!

Yikes!! talk about design by a sadistic egomaniac!!!

Do theist's ever think about stuff like this!! I am soooooo tired of hearing all about how perfect

the human eye is because god designed it!!

LOL!!! the human eye is one of the WORST "designs" in the human body! It's backwards and inside out, with a blind spot, and can only detect a very tiny fraction of the sectrum.

An octopus has way better vision, why did our loving, all powerful sky daddy ghost give the octopus the good stuff and us the crap!! By the time you reach your 50's you will likely need glasses to read this, plus you will have floaters, detaching retina, etc, etc because of our

awesome "eyes by god".

Gee, thanks for the pet octopus god!!! ;)

OW MY BRAIN!! I know this post is old...  but that level of rediculousness .... I am compelled to express my outrage.

Just the other day my family was looking at 8 acres to build a house on. I asked the next door neighbor if she knew where her property line went to (it was the same distance back as the land we were looking at). She was kind of pissy and said "No." She then proceeded to tell me that her husband had been walking all over that land while praying outloud to god to let him be able to buy it to build a church on. Yikes! I said thanks and split.

So we figured they'd be pretty pissed if we put rocks in pentagram shapes all over the place and may decide we needed to die! (I'm kidding about the pentagrams ☺)

Not sure if we're gonna buy it or not....not sure if they're blowhard idiots or fundy crazies...

Christians=TMI (Too much Information)

I've noticed Christians love to tell people how holy they are, and how and why they prey. Seriously, why do Christians get off by ranting on and on to any warm body about the minutia of their lives? I get this all the time!

I wish I knew. My best guess is they think it makes others see them as more saintly and closer to god.

my friend:"You're making God sound like an emotionally unstable girlfriend. He doesn't need your love to feel good about himself. He doesn't want to send you to hell... but he will."

Me: "...Ok."

When I was a kid in 4th grade, my religious Mom had the wonderful brain fart to send me to

a Seventh Day Adventist school.

Talk about a bunch of scary freaks!!!!!

Anyway, my teacher told us the story of a family who went on vacation only to return and find

that their home furniture had been rearranged and vandalism done by GHOSTS!!!!

This creeped me out, not because I believed in ghosts, but the utter verousity with which she told this spooky story to us little kids.

The moral of the story was supposed to be that the family had refused Jesus, and now they

believed and their souls were saved.

Instead of learning math, english, etc to prepair us kids for the real world, this is the kind of crap we learned!!

I was considered a outcast and nonconformist to them and they flunked and expelled me.

I was forced to repeat the 4th grade in public school and I have never forgiven my Mom

for sending me to that hell hole of a "school".

What a terrifying story.  My parents tried to send me to a "xian" school when I was 6.  I went to "try it out" for a week, and I cried every day because I didn't want to go.  The teachers were really preachy and I had to wear a dress and the "girl" activities were all separate from the "boy" activities.  What a bunch of crap.  After the trial week I got to go back to public school.  Whew.
That is horrific! I'm so glad you were able to escape the brainwashing. Shame on your mom!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service