One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Talk to a friend today who's an apostate Muslim; he said other Muslims tell him others will assume he is a Muslim too so his act of rebellion and "treachery" (his words) are pointless.

That's pretty creepy.
I've got a one up on you from relatives, "Don't you want me to go to heaven?"
I went to Florida a few months ago. As I was getting ready to leave my Father-in-law asked me in front of my wife and mother-in-law if I wanted to Pray about my trip to Florida. All I could say was "No" and I walked away.
pray about your trip to Florida? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But then again,99.9 % of what they say makes no sense at all.
Wow! Mind boggling....
I once knew a preacher who tried to convince the procession to speak in tongues while I was there. I had to bury my head in my palm when the other teenagers tried to follow along with it.
I've seen a preacher that did that too. Even my friend who's a pastor's kid thought it was stupid.
A friend of mine actually said that god decided it was time for her to have a baby.

I looked at her and said:"Oh give me a break!"
A friend of mine actually said that god decided it was time for her to have a baby.

My mom's pregnancy with me was very high risk. Risky enough to have been strongly urged by her doctor to have an abortion and this was before abortion was legal in the States in all but the most extreme of medical risk cases.

The way Mom always told it, "God and I talked it over for about 5 seconds and I decided to go ahead with the pregnancy."

Eyerolling, creepy. Though I guess I've gotta be grateful for whatever psychological method she used to take that big risk because ... here I am.
Yeah,you dodged the bullet...Still,I agree,that's creepy.
But there are so many unknown variables between every one of us and oblivion, we only pick out ones like that because they're so vivid. If your father had eaten one more pea at dinner nine months before you were born, another sperm would have won the race and "you" would be "someone else" or no-one at all, and so it goes. (I know if safe aborton had been available I wouldn't be here, but that doesn't bother me a bit, let alone have any effect on my views about abortion.)

Actually as dialogues with God go, and as reasons for deciding go, I find your mother's one of the less creepy. More likely to give a rational result than tossing a coin, since "the God within" is quite likely to be on her side.
If your father had eaten one more pea at dinner nine months before you were born, another sperm would have won the race and "you" would be "someone else" or no-one at all, and so it goes.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes to ponder such cosmic uncertainties! Especially since there are sooooo many odds against with which I born in one piece.

Actually as dialogues with God go, and as reasons for deciding go, I find your mother's one of the less creepy.

True. And getting into the pure psychology of "conversations with god," if that is her method for sussing out a tough life decision, then hey - whatever works.

I'm grateful the doctors gave her that choice and that her OB-GYN was very up front and supportive of whatever decision she made.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service