One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Every religion that includes a creator is threatened by evolution, but Christianity is especially threatened. I once read an interview with a creationist (he actually ran a creationist museum). He said he can't believe in evolution, because if evolution is true, then Adam and Eve didn't exist as such. If they didn't exist, then they didn't eat the forbidden fruit and get kicked out of the Garden of Eden. If there was no fall from grace, there was no Original Sin. And then Christ's sacrifice is meaningless.

I can't fault the guy's logic. Evolution directly contradicts the central tenet of Christianity. I guess it's just too bad for him that evolution is real.
Amazing ... he can see the dominoes falling ... but he hasn't the guts to realize that the first one has already been pushed!
Evolution really peed in every religion's pool, didn't it!

Marc, you just made my evening!
I know and work with lots of Hindus, and they have no problem with evolution. Neither do animists AFAIK. It's the Abrahamists who got their pool peed in.
Am from India - and evolution is accepted as a matter of fact by most Hindus, it's the Christians and Muslims who have a problem with it.

Then again - considering how "flexible" Hinduism is, it'd be hard to frame a sentence that can contradict it squarely.

There's even a branch of hinduism which advocates atheism!
To me, nothing specific. It's just creepy how many Christians I've met talk about Jesus as their lover (borderline sexual partner).
Hence why someone created a Jesus dildo. I found it on Cracked once. >.X
Hmm, I guess to some the stigmata are rather attractive as, I mean potentially, four new orifices. Sick thought I know, but Christians are sick.
I doubt Mother Angelica would mind too terribly...;)
That also would be polygamy...
I've had numerous debates with religious folks - Christians, Muslims and Hindus... Some of the most shocking replies/accusations I've heard are:

1) Christian: God kills hundreds of thousands of innocents via natural disasters to maintain balance in this world. You will not appreciate good if you've never seen bad. (After the Haiti Earthquake)

2) Another Christian: Yes, God knew in advance Hitler was gonna kill Millions of Jews, and consequently he'd go to hell, but Hitler made his own decisions! (A 10 year old can spot the contradiction in that statement. Predestination vs. Free will is always a stumbling block for theists)

3) Hindu: Maybe the Jews committed horrible sins in their past lives and hence God destined Hitler to kill them via the holocaust, when they were reborn as Jews. (Yes, young Jewish children too)

4) Muslim: You are either a test sent by God to prove my faith or you're sent by "Shaitan".
Unless God is Alice from the Twilight series. >.X

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service