One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my classmates said that ATHEISTS won't live for long and God will kill all of us for destroying the world.. everyone seems to agree on that these days....
So now we are the one's responsible for destroying the world! WTF? Does it actually say that in their book of lies?
Yeah that's true.. Why is it that the non-religious actually have more knowledge of the Bible than the religious? Hmm.. maybe we can turn all Christians atheist if we can get them to read the Bible! Mwahahaha!
I had a guy on an MMO tell me that he puts prayer and god before everything and everyone. We had an argument that spanned weeks.
Please tell me it was PvP and you killed him.
I had a girl that I used to date (from youth group) come to me some years later with a letter she had written. The letter bashed my lifestyle and informed me that I should get used to the idea of hell because that's where I'll end up. The letter then ended with a nice little invite to return to bible study and cleanse my filthy soul. When I confronted her about the letter she explained to me that god was speaking through her and guiding her hand so if I was angry with her I was really pissed at the almighty. Obviously, I suggested that if that was true, and the lord spoketh through her, then she was in possession of the most recent chapter of the good book! God started writing again! I took it upon myself to name this letter "The Book of Skank."
LMAO!!

What a great way to keep people stuck in a made up fantasy world.

Yeah, I am also a "Son of Perdition" according to my sister. Out of the 5 of us siblings, she is the only one who is not agnostic/atheist. She is estranged from the rest of us. Even her kids are non-religious, as well as all my other nieces/nephews. Mormonism is responsible for this.

A, incredibly off the wall/creepy girl I knew in high school (a very fanatical Catholic) once described hallucinations of fire and flowers she would see while walking down the school hallways. Of course, she didn't call them hallucinations, they were "visions" to her. The things she described and her extreme paranoia make me think she was most likely schizophrenic. What's even sadder is the would most likely never seek or receive help for it because she'd been so thoroughly brainwashed by her church and parents into believing that the voices she heard and the things she saw were "messages from god".
One once told me that I valued human life too much....(this was during a debate about god allowing the holocaust)
One once told me that I valued human life too much....(this was during a debate about god allowing the holocaust)

*Shudder* That to me is when all negotiation breaks down. I so often use violent/genocidal/sexist bible verses to illustrate its amorality. But that assumes that the person really doesn't want to be seen as violent/genocidal/sexist.

Then you run across someone who doesn't mind that label at all.

Again I say ... *Shudder*

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Michael Penn replied to matthew greenberg's discussion Enough already - take down the Brother Richard article from the banner
23 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
33 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Joe's discussion The Psychological Benefits of Being a Atheist
34 minutes ago
Pat replied to matthew greenberg's discussion Enough already - take down the Brother Richard article from the banner
37 minutes ago
Pat replied to Joe's discussion Atheist TV Officially Launches; David Silverman Criticizes History Channel for Presenting Bible as History in the group Atheist News
44 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
48 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
56 minutes ago
Richard C Brown joined Blair Scott's group
57 minutes ago
Ceil replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
1 hour ago
Joe posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Joe added a discussion to the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo posted discussions
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service