One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was young like 9 or 10 my Sunday school teacher told me "watching The Simpsons" is a sin thats when i first got the idea something was wrong..
"watching the Simpsons" will make you go blind. And so will any thing else in quotation marks.
You've just stirred a long forgotten memory.

I remember being like 6 or 7 at primary school and we had not-our-normal teacher who began to tell us all why we shouldn't go out on Halloween becuase it was wicked and ungodly

My reaction (as now) was, in order: what? why?? So???
On the topic of people hearing voices, someone once told me he would kill me if god told him to.

I argued that a "loving god" wouldn't give instructions to murder people, and that any such instruction is clearly a case of schizophrenia.

He argued that mental disorders are created by god for a reason, and that the voices could only come from god. And then re-iterated that if a voice told him to kill me, he would.

Needless to say I haven't talked to him since.
I sure don't blame you.
Me either.  Has this person never known anyone with a mental disorder?  I they are created by god for a reason, god is one mean motherf.
I wonder if he considered the reaction of someone being unwillingly introduced to his deity ... especially if said person were reasonably skilled in avoiding such [if you take my meaning here]?
When I hear these statements I wonder how these people feel when the media reports some murder where the accused states that they were directed by god. Do they secretly believe that the person was unjustly arrested? How would you ever know? Maybe god is directing a lot of these murders. Strangely the system never calls in a holy man or exorcist etc...
I knew a Catholic stripper whose fetish was to be done while hanging from a cross!
;-D
"ever been to sea, billy?"

"lets play the priest in the pulpit"

"jesus, jesus, jesus, lets just...turn out the lights"

sorry couldnt resist...
LMAO:-)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service