One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw a lady wearing a t-shirt today that said, "Try Jesus, if you don't like him the devil will always take you back." That just irritated me.
NICE! I want one!
How about coming up with at T shirt that says" Try Thinking. If you don't like it you can go back to your religion"

But that would make you an "angry, militant atheist", wouldn't it?
I SO love that! Mwhahahahaha!!!!!!
hehe, you should print up a bumper sticker that says "Would Jesus Key this Car?" and place it right beside or below the "try thinking" sticker!
HA! awesome.

Though sadly, they would probably conclude that yes, Jesus would indeed key this car, and afterwards piss in the gas tank.
I've known a lot of pagans who made supernatural claims about being able to levitate, telekinesis, etc. The craziest was when my friend and her mom were having a whole conversation about babies being able to fly, and how they saw various babies fly and other people denying it, and how the reason no one else sees it is b/c they don't believe it. I mean I've known lots of individuals who made outrageous claims, but these 2 family members talking about it at length was a total mindfuck.
the reason no one else sees it is b/c they don't believe it.

Yes! New Agers have the market cornered on the concept of "If you don't see/feel/experience the Woo directly, it's just because you don't believe in it."

It's the New Age version of holier-than-thou, as the implication is also that you're not being a good/proper New Ager.

I got this a lot working in Sedona with its supposed 'Vortex' energy. If you don't feel all kinds of supernatural vibes or see a ghost or something, "You're just not open to it."

I.e.: "You're not letting the placebo do its work."

I think I was the only tour guide in Sedona who did Vortex tours ... and spent the first 10 minutes of the tour debunking all the Woo. The rest of the tour was spent on hard science, and the overall psychological effect of color, climate, weather, Native history, nature, interesting wildlife and plant life; all combine to make for a hopefully pleasant, stimulating experience out in the Sedona red rocks.

Pleasant, stimulating = relaxing, peaceful, inspirational.

Exactly what the 'Vortex' purports to be. Mystery solved!
I'm pretty sure a lot of Christian girls (and guys) do that. I've known some people who straight up had a Jesus fetish.
Whenever I saw "Jesus loves you" signs, I usually said "Unrequited."

Where I live, the first three digits of the phone number is 666! I think some Christians actually objected to that and got it changed to 650. The same thing happened to most "route 666" roads. (Lame!) But there is still a route 666 somewhere in Pennsylvania.
Whenever someone talks about Jesus, I scream about how he owes me child support. Oh yeah, he loved me. Too bad he forgot to use protection while doing it.
I used to own a farm on Va state rt 666 which runs through our county. The property was my grandmother's farm which I bought when when she died. We subdivided the property and auctioned most of it off. The Rt number came up with the auctioneers whose job is to get the most money from the property. They were concerned that many people would not bid on land that had that address. It turned out that the land sold fine, bring so much per acre that it started a mass of property going up for sale in the area. So I guess it really did not matter to most people.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service