One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"faith is trust in a trustworthy object" was a creepy phrase uttered over and over again in my youth group.
What is trustworthy about something which doesn't exist?

- and worse if it did, the entity in the bible sounds like some kind of balrog or efreet, a space monster or nasty tempered elemental of some sort, it's certainly not friendly! For goodness sake if you DO encounter that thing, don't trust it, just flee!

When I was a teenager, I was "saved" and was being discipled by my then-youth pastor along with a few other friends, all of us female. He explained to us why we should remain abstinent: Think of a piece of tape. At first, it is very sticky, but then if you stick it to too many things, it loses its stickiness.

So apparently if you have too many sexual partners you can no longer be used to wrap gifts?
That would also apply to having sex with one person over and over again--like a spouse.

This also reminds me of a Muslim woman making a really stupid analogy of why women are to blame for rape: "If a peace of meat is left out and the cats come and eat it, whose fault is that? The peace of meat!" I didn't know that meat could do anything about where it was placed...
"If a peace of meat is left out and the cats come and eat it, whose fault is that? The peace of meat!"

Sooooo... Human males are no more capable of exercising self-control or independent thoughts than a cat around food?

Definitely creepy.
Seems to be the mentality; since men have no control over their urges, they can do whatever they want without blame. Another quote by her :"only Islam realizes that when Muslim men are aroused they must have it right away." Permissive to men, but still insulting, and they end up living up to their expectations.
So Muslim men, like cats, should ideally be kept safely locked up in a house? And if found roaming loose should be rounded up, locked up, and humanely sterilized?
I'm sorry, how does a piece of meat leave itself out - wouldn't it be the fault of the meat's original owner?
That would also apply to having sex with one person over and over again--like a spouse.

Exactly! Glad I got out of that when I did - I like sex.
That is, on so many levels, about the sickest thing I have ever heard.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service