One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"some folk take it to mean 'freedom from religion'."

The problem with that statement is that freedom from religion logically entails freedom from it.

If I'm, say, a Buddhist, I should be free from Christian or Islamic rituals and rules. If I'm a Baptist I should be free from catholic rules, etc. So "no religion" follows just as easily.
I think the creepiest thing I've heard is recently I was in a debate with a fundamentalist Christian who admitted that Anne Franke was in hell because she was a Jew and Hitler was in heaven because he was a Christian.
So everyone who is wearing cotton.polyester blend clothes might as well be buried with a stick and a bag of marshmallows.
Oh christ, where to begin? I guess the thing I liked least is the priests who greeted me with "Blessings on you!"
I would have immediately checked my clothing for something disgusting "Blessings ON you".
In a letter from a Christian shopkeeper:

Since we know that Christ is the only way to heaven; it would truly be insensitive for us not to share Christ with the world.

http://consumerist.com/m/2010/04/hobby-lobby-wants-to-share-craft-s...
LMAO!
Theist: do you want to come to church with me Sunday morning?
Me: What kind of church is it?
Theist: Catholic. You can bring your kids.
Theist: do you want to come to church with me Sunday morning?
Me: What kind of church is it?
Theist: Catholic. You can bring your kids.

Besides the too-easy opening there, the implication is that there are adult-only churches?
That was your first mistake. Never lead them on. What did it matter what kind of church it was?

(Actually, I like the Quakers and will go to Meeting for Worship.)
I would have to say from an online dating site, he told me that he has seen where I live. Then he went on to say that if he didn't believe in God he would be a rapist and that it keeps him from doing bad things.
" Just take it out and play with it!"...."Jesus Christ just touch it!!"

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Freethinker 31 replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S
7 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Atheist TV Channel Will Launch by the End of the Month in the group Atheist News
13 minutes ago
Freethinker 31 replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S
16 minutes ago
Craigart14 replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S
18 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion THE ORIGINS OF US ALL—BY DNA GENETIC ANALYSIS in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
27 minutes ago
Freethinker 31 commented on Andrew Bradford Hoke's blog post Religion as Mental Disorder
28 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to James M. Martin's discussion Question for All Who Read This Posting
29 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to John Jubinsky's discussion John Jubinsky's DNA Testing Results in the group DNA Tested Nonbelievers
31 minutes ago
Freethinker 31 liked Andrew Bradford Hoke's blog post Religion as Mental Disorder
31 minutes ago
Pat replied to Joe's discussion Atheist TV Channel Will Launch by the End of the Month in the group Atheist News
35 minutes ago
James M. Martin posted discussions
54 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion Atheist TV Channel Will Launch by the End of the Month in the group Atheist News
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service