One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1784

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I came out to my mom I asked her if she would kill me Abraham & Isaac style if she truly believed that Yaweh asked her to. There was just a long pause instead of an answer.

My own mom couldn't decide if she would stab me to death if she thought she heard a voice tell her to. *Facepalm*
Well, now, to be fair, most parents do want to stab their children to death at some point or other. Doing it on somebody else's say-so is kinda creepy; I'll grant you that.
Touché.
I don't know about creepy, but I was a bit worried for a friend when she told me that Satan was trying to kill her to keep her from teaching the gospel to children at AWANA. She determined this from two incidents that happened when she was heading to AWANA, one of which was she was in an accident. The second, I can't remember.
AWANA is an evangelical youth indoctrination program franchised to churches. It's supposed to make learning about Jesus fun. Unfortunately for them, the only way to do that would be to play up the zombie angle. For some reason, churches don't seem to go for that.
Learning about jesus is about as much fun as watching paint dry.
Been there,done that.
I resent this statement!

Watching paint dry is my idea of a good time...

:P

:D
In 8th grade a fellow classmate was run over by a bus afterschool. Myself and other classmates were horrified to have actually seen his body crushed and lifeless in the street. Days later a classmate who grew up just around the corner from him said to me quite casually that he was going to hell anyway because he was rude in an arguement with his mother.
I know this is not creepy in the usual standard, but to hear anyone say anything this stupid because of their biblical brainwashing kind of gave me the heeby jeebies. I was dating this fundie girl for a short period and invited her over to my friends house where we converse about more interesting topics than what is the hot new show on t.v. So we got into a discussion and I asked this girl if she believed in the big bang. She said, and i quote, "Yeah isn't that what killed the dinosaurs?" I of course laughed for a good period of time until I realized that she was actually serious. I then laughed even harder before I became very sad that a girl in college could actually be that clueless. I ended the relationship that night. To bad too. She was a FREAK!
You said what needed to be said. I hope you have no feelings of guilt for saying it.
I couldn't figure out how to edit my reply so I'll just add that my reply was intended for Goz. I have lost a potential friend or two over the years defending my "world view."
So have I,actually.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service