One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oooh...I'm jealous. The astrological sites in Chaco sound super cool. But are a long haul from Minnesota
Huh. I'm about finished reading Jared Diamond's Collapse. He talks about the decline of the Chaco civilization, but doesn't mention the astronomical structures. I'll have to look that up.
Uh, oh, suddenly I'm channeling Omni Magazine:

Higglety Pigglety
Erick von Daniken
Speaks of green spacemen
That come from afar.

NEXT he'll be telling us
Extraterrestrials
Landed in Dallas
to murder J. R.!
No animals on Noah's ark--sperm and eggs instead? That means Noah and his minions must have gone around jerking off a lot of animals~ shudder
I'll have to look for biblical references to this... or maybe not...
Nah. Noah's animals were moved by the Holy Spirit. Come to think of it, Holy Spirit would be a great name for a line of vibrators.
"Let the Spirit move you!"

"The Second Coming"
Now that's(!) some kinda 'rapture'!
Have a come to Jesus moment whenever the mood strikes you!
I was sitting on a park bench in central London (ironically waiting for some of my Atheist Group to arrive and for us to go to the pub), when this middle aged couple came up to me and engaged me in conversation (I knew what was coming but hey...)

We had a conversation about morality (based on her noticing I was flicking through the PVG score of "The Producers" and me explaining the plot), when she asked me if I ever talked to god.

I replied I didn't and I didn't believe such a thing existed, her reply:

"Oh my heart bleeds for you!" - Yuck!
Ack - nothing says "I'm a self-righteous toe-rag" more than

"Oh my heart bleeds for you!"
Speaking of medical references when she brought up the power of prayer I used the "Why doesn't god heal amputees" argument she replied "He does....I've seen an amputated limb grow back after prayer!" (same woman with the bleeding!)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service