One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess they believe that this horrible deed of naming your children after Jesus deserves a death penalty as well. Maybe I should give my child the first name Easter and the middle name Bunny, you think it'd gain the same response? Billions of people share the name of biblical characters, I don't understand why naming a child Jesus would be any different than naming a baby girl Mary.
Yes, in fact I just got a phone message that Jesus is coming to my son's 7th birthday party this weekend. Of course Jesus is one of the other kids in his 1st grade class, but still I remain amused.
I've been to places (Goa, India) where people are named Jesus, and it's pronounced the way we pronounce it...that was weird.
And of course there is always the 80's pop star "Jesus Jones"...... and I thought being named Elvis was pretentious.
A 2007 case in New Zealand of a couple in a court battle to name their child "4real". After the name being rejected because it starts with a number they decided to name their baby Superman~via

Their child should have been removed for it's safety, because the parents are morons.

Bill, there are lots of band names: Jesus Christ Super Fly, The Flaming Donuts of Jesus, Jesus Manson and the Starvation Army, Jesus Jones, Jesus Kneival, Surfing Jesus, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, Fun Truckin With Jesus, The Inflatable Jesus Love Dolls, Jesus Christ and the Nailknockers and Jesus Chrysler Supercar, Acid Jesus, Baby Jesus, Tiny Jesus, Black Jesus, Liquid Jesus, Purple Jeezus, Sleazy Jesus and the Splatter Pigs

My point is that anyone who believes in a magical, invisible being will believe anything.

Link Lo<3:
Illegal names

MentalFloss

Paper doll
Well the Borg did it...Remember Seven Of Nine?
AND Raptor Jesus!

I didn't know Jesus Jones was his real name!
old woman:"god loves you he really does"
ME: "not really cant you see im in a wheelchair"
Answer to Noah's ark question on Yahoo Answers!:
That was probably not animals.
Translations often imprecise.
He got their sperms and eggs .
If you say refrigerator did not exist then, I would say, how would you know that.?
You still do not know how they built colossal constructions, you think you invented everything.

Just think of the time alone spent collecting the sperm and eggs, inventing a refrigerator and building an artificial womb for them to survive in. This made me laugh more than creep me out.
Worked with a guy in Sedona who was obsessed with the idea that the Egyptians built the pyramids with the help of space aliens, who would help them levitate the blocks into place.

The evidence: Because we don't know today precisely how they built the pyramids.

I always wanted to say; "I don't know precisely how you became such a moronic nutjob, but that doesn't necessarily mean you had help from space aliens to become one."
Agreed. Especially since stacking blocks on top of each other isn't all that extraordinary. Which makes it even more condescending.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service