One told me she loved Jesus more than her husband, anything or anyone alive.

I told her i found that very sad and disturbing.
She's no longer writing to me.

Views: 1736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooooh! Ooooh! I just got one on my blog that you have to read. It is so in the spirit of what this initial post was about, loving God so much. This is scary. And sadly hilarious. And just sad. Damn.

Try here http://blessedatheist.com/2010/02/18/joseph-arrives-in-egypt/

It should be at the bottom. Her name is Cindy. For best results, it helps to read it out loud in a little girl's voice.
LMAO!!!! This is hilarious! That woman is crazy! The sad thing is that most staunch Christians are exactly like this, just brings up the questions of the religion and its mental effect on the people that follow it. I'm pretty sure it makes most of them loons.
Her minister (wicth doctor, whatever) must have given some advice about 'how to talk to atheists in terms they will understand' or some such bullshit. Reading a pdf without acrobat... see how non-condescending that sounds?
Put a hand on his shoulder in a clear a level tone say:

"Don't worry Bob. I'll not be alone you'll be coming with me."

Then shifting gears into a pious tone. "For this is but one true God Allah, and his prophet Mohammed Peace be Upon him!"

When he protests, upbraid him for his presumption and remind - shoe now firmly shod on the other foot - how uncomfortable it is to be told you are subject to the infinite torture of someone else's delusions.

Turn. Leave.
No, remember religion is a great source of comfort and provides answers! No matter how the followers tremble in fear and discomfort.
Talia, agree 150%... go back and read my story.

I truly think that the majority of believers (any religion) could benefit from some type of mental assistance. Take Mormons (don't know about other denominations), they offer many types of counseling to their members (marriage, psychological, etc). Is it professional ?? I doubt it, but they offer it! Another form of control.

Mentally, their are 2 basic ways to manage people. You can manage with respect (mutual) or fear. Religion is management by fear, no doubt.
I was told my a coworker (who asked me about my religion at work no less) that Jesus' apostles are still walking the earth and that she and her church have meetings with them once a year. How much money is given to them in "donation" when they strut into town I wonder. I guess using guilt to get people's money with their gods is a respectable job though. People have been doing it for a long time. Just ask the minister in the church up the street as he drives off in his cherry Corvette.
Corvette-The official car of God!
I was at the mall with my friend once while I was wearing my Black Sabbath tee. We were going to be leaving soon when some random guy just stopped me and questioned me about my shirt. Aside from being floored he had no idea who Black Sabbath were (I mean my mom got me into them), my friend and I just nodded as he kept warning us not to go over to the dark side (Obi Wan?) and a bunch of stuff. This guy was seriously creeping us out; neither my friend nor I wanted to bother mentioning our religious views and further his blabber. After a few minutes he finished his spiel and walked away.

He was also pushing a stroller and as he was talking to us he had the stroller on a 45 degree angle.
"It's illegal to name your child 'Jesus'. "

Maybe not creepy per se, but the mentality is scary. As anyone with experience with a South American or Spanish community knows, this statement is nonsense. Though it's pronounced differently (Hay-sus), it is used commonly.
XD I'm tempted to do this to my grandfather now.
I would totally "wine" about that if he didn't deliver... BAAAZINGA

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
14 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
23 minutes ago
Irrelevant People liked Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
28 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Claire Donnelly's group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
31 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Steph S.'s discussion How to be Tactful Responding With Diplomacy and Grace in the group Ethics and The Atheist
31 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
33 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion A question for the ex-religious
34 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Steph S.'s discussion How to be Tactful Responding With Diplomacy and Grace in the group Ethics and The Atheist
38 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
53 minutes ago
Patricia replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
56 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
59 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service