I have a few of these at my school who are completely deluded. Ironically they're some of my closest friends but they are just batshit insane sometimes. What should I do?

Tags: apologists, community, school

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was raised without religion, but my friends as kids and teens never talked about it.  Or politics either for that matter.  I was SUCH a sociable person for YEARS.  Now I am 47 and a hermity curmudgeon!  I just can't stand the religious bullshit, or the right-wing bullshit for that matter.  It IS hard to find friends with my liberal and Atheist beliefs.  I do have one really good friend that is both.  My husband, mom, and kids (19 & 22) also.  Otherwise I have a few friends that are liberal, but religious, and one that's not religious, but very right-wing.  Ugh.  So I have some really good friends here on AN that I have never met in person, but I'm glad to know them and be able to talk with them.  It's comforting to know they're out there.

And I just wanted to tell you that yes, I've lost some very close friends due to my Atheism.  Good riddance though. I don't care anymore because I'd rather be alone than with someone I think is a moron.

That is how I feel and think, Mindy. Being a curmudgeon is a good thing. We don't have enough of them. My son, Cary is a curmudgeon, a real pain in the neck, always telling everyone what they should be doing. One day he is going to get his nose punched. However, he is usually right. He has a brain injury that might explain some of his idiosyncracies, but he speaks his mind. I think he would speak his mind to god if he believed in such nonsense. There are those of us who value his honesty. I wonder where he gets that from? 

Well, your husband, mom and kids offer great company and many do not have even that. We are fortunate to have such great families upon whom we can rely. 

"It seems like any riff raff can get a paw in the door around here now... and I don't like it one bit! No sir, I don't!"
~ Curmudgeon, the cat 

You nailed it here, Mindy. I was talking today to my childhood theist friend and told him of my wife leaving for the first time. He says I have to forget her and just move on. I told him that what I was simply doing is informing him that she is gone. He then says I need to get in church again and go to this one he goes to in another town. I asked him what's wrong with the church in my town? He replys "Oh, you're going to church in your town?" I told him no, I'm not going to church anywhere but just wondered what is wrong with one in my town. (Sheesh!!)

You can live with morons and then sometimes your childhood theist friends can be morons too. Who is this "god" who is going to "solve everything?" If it appeared that something was solved supernatually wouldn't it just mean that things turned out less severe than you had thought?

I'm with you Mindy. Alone is preferable to batshit crazy fundies.

k.h., now my batshit crazy fundy neighbor left me a note saying they'd be out of town and she didn't have my new phone #.  This was AFTER her husband already told my husband they'd be out of town.  I don't want to give her my new number.  I'm thinking of just saying so.

I've un-muzzled myself now Tim, and I don't care if I offend.  So it's better for the morons and myself to stay apart. lol

When you consider how much they offend US with their unfounded BS, you have to ask who is the more aggrieved party!  They've learned to dish it out; let's see if they can TAKE IT!

Loren, I don't think they can take it!

My point precisely!

Just now I was watching the History channel (H2) but had to turn it off. The new program got into the realities of hell, and even had a Catholic priest with a radio program talking about an actual recording of the "tormented souls in hell." He was saying that you have to admit that the recording is impressive, etc. No, I don't. I'm wondering how the SOB could even keep a straight face here. About the time I hit the "off" button he is having his call in guests on the air talking about the reality of hell. One was mentioning all of our generations of "truth passed down over the centuries." I'm sorry. ROTFLMAO here!

My god..... I mean they're broadcasting this all over the world!!!! If they had a shred of respect in my opinion before, that's completely gone now. Thanks for the laugh hahahahahaha

An ACTUAL RECORDING, eh?  Okay ... where precisely was this recording made?  Did they use a single mic or stereo, maybe a Decca bridge?  COME ON!!!  The chutzpah of these guys is not to be believed, any more than their stupid recordings are!

I would give real money to confront one of those jackasses and call 'em on it!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service